While driving is certainly a skill that most people should have, not everyone grows to like it. There are a lot of factors about driving that stress people out, and some people are more prone than others. Here are seven things you'll understand if even the idea of driving makes you feel anxious.
1. You hate it when it's your turn to pick your friends up
Yes, it's fair for everyone to take turns driving, but that doesn't make it any more enjoyable when you have to do it.
2. You'll do anything to avoid the freeway
Merging on the freeway is an utterly overwhelming experience. There's so much happening at once, and it's difficult to know where to focus your attention.
3. Google Maps is both your best friend and your worst enemy
It's wonderful when the directions are actually correct, but every time Google Maps glitches or maliciously tells you to turn left when you should have turned right you can feel yourself shutting down.
4. You understand the importance of a good co-pilot
They are quiet when you need to focus, clearly tell you when to turn before the turn has arrived, are not fazed by your road rage, and they pick out the best driving music.
5. Parallel parking is your own personal hell
Or worse, parallel parking while people are watching and judging your poor performance.
6. Road trips are fine until you have to be the driver
You can't even really look at the scenery while you're driving, and you have to be fully paying attention to the road while all of your friends are having a great time.