How To Dress For Uncertain Weather

A Guide For How To Dress When The Weather Won't Make Up Its Mind

This time of year comes with confusing weather, making it difficult to figure out how to get dressed in the morning. But have no fear, here is the perfect guide to get you dressed and ready for class!

72

As winter begins to fade away, the sun starts to come out, and spring is on its way in full swing, the weather can definitely get a little funky. Is it cold out? Is it warm out? Is it raining? It is probably all of the above. Finding the line between wearing enough layers so you are not cold on your walk to class, but not sweating the second you get to class, can be a little tricky. Dressing for this weather can sometimes be confusing, so here is a little guide to help you get dressed when the weather is neither here nor there.

1. Layers

The perfect layering tank top from Zara.

One of the most important things to think of when dressing for this weather is layers. Wear a light tank top under another light sweater or a t-shirt under a sweatshirt. Wearing layers makes it so much easier for when you are confused. IF you are too hot you take off a layer, and if you are cold you leave it on. It is one of the perfect tips for when you are weather confused, just dress for all!

2. Denim jacket

Denim ripped jacket from Forever21.

One of my favorite things about this time of year is that I can finally wear my favorite denim jackets again. I love wearing a denim jacket instead of a heavier down jacket because it adds style and is not too heavy. Personally, I like to have a few different styles of denim jackets ready, whether it be my extra heavy one for days that are a little chilly, or my lighter, ripped denim jacket for a cuter, lighter look on a day t-shirt warmer out. Denim jackets are also perfect to wear over a few layers, like a sweatshirt and a tank.

3. Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket from Gap.

Another of my favorite style of jacket, this is perfect for when it is on the chillier side but you do not want to carry around a heavy jacket with you all day. Since bomber jackets have come back into style within the past few years, they are easy to find in all different colors and with cute patterns sometimes too! The perfect way to add some flair to your outfit without overdoing it. You can find plenty of affordable and fun bomber jackets at Forever21.com, hm.com, gap.com, and urbanoutfitters.com.

4. Light scarf

Light ribbed scarf in black.

Light scarves are great to have for all types of weather, but they are especially perfect for this time of year. They can help transform any outfit, adding a little more to it without overdoing it. Light scarves are perfect to keep you warm in the morning on your walk to class, and if it gets a little hot in the afternoon you can always take it off and put it in your bag. They are light and easy to carry around, and you can always get a simple, solid color scarf that will match any outfit.

5. Down vest

Down vest with a hood from Gap.

If you are feeling lazy, you do not really care to check the temperature outside, and you just want to throw on clothes so you can get to class and come back and take your well-deserved nap, a down vest is a perfect thing to throw on. Throw on a pair of leggings, a sweatshirt, and sneakers with your down vest over it and you will be ready in seconds without even thinking. This will keep you warm, but not too warm that you are sweating. Plus, an extra tip: get one with a hood for days it's rainy or gloomy out, they come in very clutch.

6. Jeans and a sweater

Sweater and jeans from Urban Outfitters.

If you are feeling good one day, and confident enough to try on your favorite pair of jeans, throw them on with a cute sweater! This is the perfect outfit to feel a little more put together on days when you do not feel as lazy and tired as others. This outfit takes minimal thought but looks like you put a ton of thought into it. Your favorite jeans, and a medium weight sweater (depending on the weather you can wear heavier or lighter), and a cute pair of sneakers or boots and you are dressed in seconds looking more put together than most days.

Although it can be difficult to figure out how to dress during this time of year, don't let the weather get in your way! This is the time when the temperature is almost perfect, neither too hot nor too cold. So embrace it and use this guide as a way to figure out how to get dressed perfectly in the morning.