Doug Jones Wins In Alabama As The Crimson Tide Earns My Support In The Playoffs
Politics

The politics panned out, so now they've got college football to worry about.

299
@alabamafootball_

Yep, I'm mixing sports and politics again, which is the golden sin. But something incredible happened on December the 12th that I must write about.

Doug Jones defeated Roy Moore to be the first Democrat elected in Alabama in over a quarter-century. Millions of people chose country over party. They said no to a man who has never understand the meaning of no...if you get what I mean.

Alabama football has been the perennial power in college football in today's era. Their dominance has been incredible. People, including myself, find themselves sick of winning. Their fanbase has been seen as arrogant by many people who root for teams other than Alabama. That is other people's view, not mine, so don't shoot the messenger. I would be arrogant too if my team won like that.

Alabama fans see their coach, Nick Saban, as a god, and this is in the Bible-belt. What is not being talked about is that Alabama fans are the ones who put Roy Moore, the Alabama Democrat, in office over Republican Roy Moore. Jones even got 60% of the vote in Tuscaloosa County, where the University of Alabama is located.

After weeks of thinking I'd pull for Clemson to win one in the College Football Playoff Semifinal for the ACC by beating Bama, the state of Alabama did the right thing by putting Moore in office and I believe the Crimson Tide has also earned my support.

[This article is my own opinion and is open to disagreement.]