The 10 Dorm Room Ideas Your Pinterest Board Needs

Can you really start decorating until you've made a comprehensive Pinterest board?

457
Tumblr

You know what they say — early bird gets the worm. It may be five months before college move-in day, but soon-to-be college freshmen have had their Pinterest boards up and running since long ago.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I'd rather be browsing dorm decor than analyzing rhetorical devices in Latin poetry. After all, there is no time to lose — every square centimeter of your dorm must be carefully planned out! One Pinterest board just simply isn't enough.

That being said, here are some great dorm themes I've come across in my quest to create The Perfect Freshman Dorm.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody

String lights, mandala tapestry, psychedelic patterns — all of it screams, "I'm hip and trendy!" This theme naturally brings the joy of artistic movement into your life.

2. Minimalistic-al

Less is always more.

3. Monogram Madness

What do you mean you don't put your initials on all of your belongings? If you're worried that your roommate might overstep their boundaries, make it imperatively clear what's yours by marking your initials in illegible cursive everywhere!

4. The Adventurer

Bring the limitless adventure into your confined dorm room by plastering the walls with mementos of your travels.

5. Marble Slabbin'

I love my kitchen countertops so much that the mere thought of leaving them behind when I go to college sends me into hysterics. So I did the simple thing everyone would do — turned my countertops into a duvet cover. Go on, tell me you don't feel right at home.

6. Rustic Chic

Do you ever wonder to yourself, "Self, what am I going to do with all the spare lumber I chopped up for winter?" Never fear, wooden headboards have gone up in popularity!

7. Naked and Unafraid

Why even bother with decorations when you could just relish in a wholesome, organic dorm?

8. Fifty Shades of (Insert Color Here)

Sometimes you just have to commit. Let's face it. Matching everything to a color scheme is difficult enough. Why not just choose one color and call it a day?

9. The Neutrals

The lack of vibrancy will go easy on your eyes while still giving you an easily matchable color scheme.

10. Fluffy Love

A little fluff is just not enough! Suffocate everything you on in a layer of fur, and you will for sure earn some style points!