Don't Let Stress Take Over
Health Wellness

Don't Let Stress Take Over

There are ways to alleviate stress.

73
Don't Let Stress Take Over
https://pixabay.com/photos/bullying-hands-face-curl-up-her-679274/

Being a college student, I know all too well the stress that comes along with it. Sometimes I want to curl up into a ball and just lay like that hoping that all my stress disappears.

I tend to let things fester for a while before deciding to do something about it. I know this only makes stress worse but having to deal with it is stressful in its own right. Don't be like me in that aspect. If something is stressful, get to the root of the problem and try to make it manageable.

Life will always be stressful but it doesn't need to be unmanageable because of it. Seek out help and look at a situation knowing that it'll be worth it in the end. Don't throw in the towel because of the amount of stress. Instead, find out why it is making you stress out and how to alleviate it.

I'll use assignments as an example. School assignments can be very stressful for a number of reasons ranging from the workload to the figuring out of the answers, to the energy it takes to complete the assignment. Nobody (at least nobody should) disagrees that these things are stressful.

In order to minimize stress in these situations, you would need to be organized. Read each question (or whatever the assignment may be) and take it one step at a time. Rushing through it only makes it more stressful. Don't wait until the last minute to do these things because that'll cause stress overload.

If you feel like your brain is about to explode take a break and come back to it later. Even in situations where an assignment is assigned and due in a short amount of time, there is still time to take things at a manageable pace.

Whether it be assignments or other stress-inducing aspects of your life, they do not need to be in control. I know it might be difficult but you need to take control of your life and let the stress know that you'll defeat it.