Go Ahead And Try Something New

Go Ahead And Try Something New

Doing something completely new may end up being the thing you're best at.

6
Go Ahead And Try Something New

Most of us, including myself typically find ourselves sticking to the things we know. Routines are something that keep humans at peace. When something we are used to doing everyday, like texting someone, or eating at a specific time, or showering on a certain day is disrupted, that can cause uneasy tension in ourselves which can lead to a very rough day. So when it comes to trying something new, many of us will pass on the opportunity and stick to things more comfortable to us. However exploring new territory may actually help you more than you'd think.

Stepping out of our comfort zones in order to try something new can easily put someone at distress, but it may cause more benefits than harm. I recently tried something that I thought I would be poor at. I baked, I baked my first banana bread this weekend and I thought it would have come out terrible. It was actually amazing. From the very first article that I wrote for Odyssey, I mentioned not having parents. That being said, I never had the privilege of being caught how to cook or bake. I was always so discouraged that I was never taught because I knew that one day, I would have to cook for the family of my own. I made this simple pastry out of nowhere. I thought that doing something I wasn't comfortable with may help me continue learning, and it did just that. I made that bread and it came out amazing. After that I have been able to step up more, so today I baked fresh biscuits and peanut butter cookies, that came out perfect. Trying something new has made me confident in myself. I am less scared of trying something new, and coming from my rough background, I can always use the confidence.

Based on my own experience of stepping out of the comfort zone, I hope that you see that doing things you don't know, or doing things that intimidate you can actually help you. It can boost your self-esteem, and can help you see yourself as capable, rather than giving up on the thought. So if there is something that you have been wanting to do, but you're scared you won't succeed, just take that chance. Because even if you don't, you may regret it later on for not even trying. There is always that chance of that one thing being the thing you're best at.