Why Self-Love Is The Best Love

Self-Love Is The Best Love, That's Just How It Is

Do you ever feel like you can't please everyone? Self-love will do the trick.

5269

I've been feeling a little down lately, with the understanding that friends don't last forever and that I can't always please my parents. Life has been rough for everyone lately and it's not easy to stay happy and optimistic during these times. But I promise you, you are on this earth for a reason. You are here because God formed you, to love, and to be loved.

When things are tough, realize that you have yourself always. No one can take that away from you. You will always be you. No matter who you are, what you believe, or where you've been in life, at the end of the day, you are you. You can love you, therefore giving you one reason to stay here on this Earth.

Here are three simple ways to start loving yourself.

1. Get to know yourself 

Find out what your favorite color is. Find out what food makes you do a happy dance when you eat it. Find out what song makes you dance when no one is watching. It may sound dumb, but watching yourself closely in this way will help you understand what makes you, you.

2. Know what your boundaries are

Whether it's friendships, romantic relationships, or just relationships with family, you need to recognize and accept what your emotional and physical boundaries are. There is nothing wrong with loving hugs, or not wanting to go out on a Friday night because you need to recharge. All of that is okay. Just be okay with whatever those boundaries are.

3. Talk to God 

Even if you aren't religious, just speaking out into the universe and manifesting positive things to happen is important. Speak out loud, whether you're talking to God or just speaking to the universe. It will make you feel more comfortable with being alone as well, knowing that you aren't by yourself because there is always someone with you: God.

No matter who you are, you have you. Never forget that you are beautifully and wonderfully made. God loves you, and he died for you. When you were created in your mothers' womb, you were loved. God put you together in his perfect image for a reason. At the end of the day, you have no one but yourself.