Trump Finally Endorses Wearing A Mask On Twitter
Currently

With 140K Americ​an Deaths Under His Watch, Trump Finally Endorses Wearing A Mask On Twitter

Just days ago Trump, in an interview with Fox News, said that he disagreed with a national mandate for people to wear face masks.

507

President Trump recently tweeted out endorsing the use of face masks saying that it is "patriotic" and "nobody is more Patriotic than [him]..."

With more than 140,000 deaths from coronavirus in the United States, it's about time Trump finally came out in support of face masks.

However, Trump also said in an interview with Fox News that he disagreed with a national mandate for people to wear face masks, citing a "certain freedom" that people should choose whether they want to wear them or not.

These are two seemingly paradoxical stances from President Trump but they make sense in the context of his reelection campaign, in which Joe Biden maintains a double-digit lead over Trump in the polls — and where coronavirus is the top issue.

It makes sense that Trump would use his platform to show his support for wearing masks when polls are not in his favor. But the fact that he has just now come out in support seems very indicative of his motives.

In that same Fox News interview, when asked about accepting the results of the election if he loses to Biden, Trump responded saying, "No, I'm not going to just say yes. I'm not going to say no, and I didn't last time either," making it clear that Trump is on the defensive in the upcoming general elections.