The Signs Of When You Have Forgotten That Your Dog Is A Dog

Dedicated to Brittany Thurman and her child - Boone Thurman.

39

Have you ever been having a conversation with your best friend and then turn to them for a response and suddenly realize that your best friend has four legs, fur, and no capacity to form a sentence to respond? If this sounds like a familiar situation to you, then you have simply forgotten that your dog is a dog. Here are some more signs for all of you confused dog owners out there.

1. You always go all out to celebrate their birthday.

2. Their dog collar is more expensive than the last pair of shoes you bought.

3. You have full-fledged conversations with them as if they know exactly what you are talking about.

4. They have an outfit for every special occasion.

5. You have more pictures with them than actual human beings.

6. They have a dog bed, but prefer to sleep by your side (and can be quite the pillow hog too).

7. People always ask you how your dog's doing, as if he has a very complicated life full of work, dating drama, and cool new hobbies.

8. You always apologize to them profusely every time you have to leave them for over an hour by themselves… okay maybe 5 minutes.

9. Whenever you get good news, they're the first person you tell and also the first that you celebrate with.

10. He has a friend group and you text his owners whenever you feel like he’s lonely and needs a play date.

11. Whenever you are invited to do something you instantly ask if your dog can come with… obviously because you don’t want him to feel left out.

12. They have a very distinct personality and of course you know them better than anyone else.

13. Your commands are a little more casual, like “come here, dammit,” or “dude, pipe the f*** down!”

14. You’ve made your dog their own social media account where you have displayed every one of their milestones in life.

15. Your dog is of course a part of the family Christmas card.

16. You buy them presents when you treat yourself… because again, you don’t want them to feel left out.

17. You feel kind of awkward when they see you naked.

If you can identify with any of these signs, then I'm sorry, but I must sadly inform you that your dog is not actually a human being. It's okay though because personally I would rather be best friends with a dog rather than a human any day. So for all you dog lovers out there, keep living in denial and keep on lovin' on those furry friends.