Do You Know Your Moon Sign?

Do You Know Your Moon Sign?

There's more to it than just your sun sign.

163
Do You Know Your Moon Sign?
Tumblr

So I don’t read my daily horoscope or look up my sign’s lucky numbers to make decisions but I do believe that your sign has some power over your innate characteristics. Whether you’re a skeptic or not I have decided a brief break-down of the horoscope is necessary. You may learn a lot more about yourself than you ever expected.

First off, there are three parts to your horoscope. A lot of people think that their sun sign makes up their entire being and this is why we often dismiss the traits and predictions we here about this one facet. We’re not looking at the whole picture.

Three Parts:

Sun Sign: This is the core of your being, who you are on a general and usually conscious level. This part of the horoscope only considers the position of the sun when you were born and is divided into twelve parts of the year (not including the newest addition, Ophiuchus, because I refuse to accept that everyone’s horoscopes have changed, especially considering how accurate mine is).

Ascendant/Rising Sign: This represents how others see you, your social perception if you will. It’s difficult to see ourselves the way that others perceive us but our rising sign is probably the most accurate representation of that. It’s our social presence if you will. The rising sign changes every two hours meaning the time you were born is incredibly important to finding out more about your external self. It is based on the Zodiac sign that was ascending the East horizon at your time of birth.

Moon Sign: Now your moon sign is your inner core, your emotional home base, the moon has been said to govern our moods, the way we love, feel, and fear. Moon signs change every two and a half days or so and really get at the unguarded you. We can explore moon signs to greater understand our intimate relationships and the types of people we are attracted to.

Taking into account all three parts of the horoscope is the only way to find some accuracy is what many call a pseudo-science. But check out these links that help determine your sun sign http://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.com/ , ascendant http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/calculate.php, and moon sign http://www.astrocal.co.uk/the-moon/moon-sign-calculator/ .

Below I’ve taken the time to condense some characteristics of the signs if you’re interested. Even if you’re a non-believer, you may learn something about yourself if you invest just a little amount of time into self-reflection of your signs.