Do People Live A Double Life?

Do People Live A Double Life?

Learn what causes someone to have a double personality.

21
Do People Live A Double Life?

Hannah Montana isn’t the only one who lives a double life. Whether you’re a rock star living as a normal every-day girl, or whether you’re an ordinary kid who shows different personalities to different people, you are indeed living a double life. Why, then, do people choose to show different aspects of their personality to different individuals? It’s no surprise that their environment is the biggest factor contributing to this “personality disorder.”

In most cases, kids who are loud at home tend to be quiet outside of their home and kids who are quiet at home tend to be loud outside of their home. This is most likely caused by the child’s environment inside and outside their house. Several kids feel more comfortable expressing their views to their friends because they can relate with them at a higher extent. Their parents may not be able to understand their views or interests, and, therefore, the child keeps this side of their personality hidden from them. A lack of trust may also be a strong factor in this case. They child may fear that they’ll lose their parents trust if they expose their dominant personality.

On the other hand, some kids express their views and ideas to their family, particularly to their parents, because they believe that they are more understanding than their friends. They have an extremely strong bond with their family and trust is not an issue in this relationship. They’ll tell their parents anything and everything, and their parents will be accepting of their day-to-day activities.

A person’s family life can make or break a child. Someone with a happy, joint family with very minimal to no issues will most likely be comfortable around their blood relatives. Contrary to someone who has very weak family ties with issues as the middle name. Such an individual will find their friends to be their family and will not be able to develop that bond with their relatives, all due to a lack of understanding among the family members. This is why person A won’t hesitate to tell her parents about her day and will tell them every little detail from what she ate for lunch to what extent of havoc she caused in class. Person B, on the other hand, will just tell her parents that she had a good day. Rather than telling her parents, she’ll tell her friends about the teacher nagging at her or about her sticking her entire body out of a moving car.

Some people may consider this “personality disorder” as lying to one's friends or family. I’d like to differ on this opinion. This cannot in any way, shape or form be considered a lie. Hiding your views and hobbies from family or friends is merely just keeping a part of you concealed and expressing what they would approve of. Expressing what they want you to be like. Family and friends both have different expectations and fulfilling those expectations without concealing one personality relative to the other is nearly impossible. As long as it’s not hurting anyone, there is no wrong done in having a double personality.