What Diversity In Music Has Done For Me

What Diversity In Music Has Done For Me

What kind of music do you listen to?

593
What Diversity In Music Has Done For Me
Google.com

Have you ever turned to music as a way out? I have, many times before and it’s always been there. Music can touch so many people and help so many people. Some people even call music therapeutical. Whether it’s the way the rhythm flows or the pound of the bass. Maybe it’s the electric guitar solo that you hear or even the chorus of the song. The music I always have the biggest interest in is electronic and country.

Why is it important to have a diverse taste in music?

Firstly, when it comes to music is, I like to keep my genre options open. If you were to get in my car and look at my CD’s you will see a little bit of everything. From my first Skrillex CD to my Aerosmith CD. You could say I don’t judge music by its album cover. I really get in to the music and listen to it and if I like it enough I put it on my Spotify playlist. I find it important to have a diverse taste in music because there will always be new styles and different genres. I mean, how do you know you won’t like it if you have never "tasted it”? I would most certainly want someone to listen to country music if they haven't before. The lyrics to some of the songs is so strong it really can help you think, and reflect on life sometimes.

Why country music?

I will get done listening to the new Hardwell song and my Spotify playlist will go to Jason Aldean's new album and people would be like, "how can you go from listening to that type of music to country?" I will tell anybody that asks: that just what I like. Growing up my parents would always play the local country station and it grew on me. When I started working I was spending a lot of my money on concert tickets to see all my favorite artist, and I went to a lot of concerts and it kind of just stuck. It is very meaningful music, with a message. Country music is known to bring communities together in so many different ways. You can really see that in some of the more southern states in the United States.

Why electronic music?

Around 11th grade I remember going to high school and re-connecting with an old friend that I hadn't talked to since the 6th grade. After our conversation of him describing EDM music to me, I told myself I had to go. I asked when the next concert was and I bought a ticket with my next paycheck. I will never forget it, Hardwell concert, in the middle of February when I stood in line for two hours while it was twenty degrees out. I remember they opened the doors and the whole line started cheering with joy and I was nervous and ready to have the time of my life. I ran to the barricade and stood there the whole concert and had the time of my life. I want to say that day changed my life because I remember just before the last song Hardwell said I want you to go out these doors and live your life open and free and live like no one is watching. Ever since that day, I have. I guess that’s why I like it so much when I go to festivals like Electric Daisy Carnival and Electric Zoo I feel so free and not judged. There is nothing like the feel of the bass-line slowly building and then finally dropping, and you start to dance with all the thousand people around you.

Has music shaped me to who I am today?

I want to say a mixture of my parents musical influence, and EDM music has shaped me to the person I am today. My mom and dad have always supported me, and encouraged me to follow my dreams. And with that support, I never fell short of that push motivation, and that push, to always follow my dreams. .