20 Stages of the Disney College Program Application Process

If you have ever applied to the DCP, you know the struggle is real.

689
blogs.disney.com

It's that time of year again. Applications for the 2016 Fall Advantage and Fall session of the Disney College Program have been released. Thousands of college students apply to the program every semester in hopes of working for their favorite mouse. It is a whirlwind of emotion to go through the application process. All you need is a little faith, trust and pixie dust.

1. You fill out your application.

You've opened up the webpage and you start filling out the application. This is it...this is the start of something new.

2. You receive an invitation to do the web based interview.

Success! You find a quiet place and devote the 40 minutes it takes to the web based interview. You may second guess your choices, but remember, be honest.

3. The email invitation for a phone interview arrives.

It's getting closer...working for Disney is within reach! Now what...

4. You prepare for the phone interview.

You've searched all over the internet for possible interview questions. Remember, smile when you talk...as weird as that sounds, it works.

5. The time of the phone interview arrives.

This is it. This is the final step in the application. You have prepared. Relax and take a deep breath. Smile!

6. Then the true wait begins.

And now the wait. The last day of the application period seems so far away. You could hear back in a few days, weeks or months.

7. You visit your new favorite website to check your status on your dashboard.

What's the difference between "pending" and "in submission?" Is "pending" bad? Has anyone been NLIC'd?

8. You constantly refresh your email.

Clicking refresh or swiping down seems to be the only thing you find yourself doing.

9. You join Facebook groups and make friends with the other applicants.

Meeting these people makes you realize just how badly you want the job. Secretly you are planning movie nights, adventures in the parks and pinning roommate gifts you found online.

10. And then...the wave begins.

Thanks to your new friends, someone is bound to post when acceptance emails have been seen. A wave of applications has been released.

11. You start to see acceptance posts.

With every screenshot posted to the Facebook group, your eyes squint to see which park it says. No one knows what order they are coming in. Alphabetical? By role? It's anyone's guess.

12. You go back to your email to check for your acceptance or rejection letter.

You hastily log on...

13. Your heart stops while waiting for the page to load.

This is it. The moment of truth. Your heart stalls waiting to see that email.

14. Nothing.

No email. But there was a nice one from the Disney Store offering a sale. Thanks, Disney...just thanks.

15. Refresh.

You impatiently refresh your email every hour of every day. Or maybe 5 times in an hour. Or 20.

16. Then finally...

Can this be real?

17. It's there.

That "Congratulations" in the subject line is all you can focus on.

18. You scream.

19. You smile.

20. And you cry.

Because you are finally going to the place where dreams come true.