I Didn't Watch "The Bachelor" This Season And I Don't Regret It

I miss being shocked at “the most shocking season in Bachelor history”

59
Instagram

"The Bachelor" has always been my guilty pleasure show and I don’t apologize for spending 2 hours every Monday 6 months out of the year with the Bachelor or Bachelorette. I would purposely stop whatever I was doing and make a big bowl of popcorn and follow the Twitter feed as I would watch a bold man or woman attempt to fall in love with someone and start the “journey”. I would dream of going on the trips to the exotic locations, going on the fun dates and wearing the amazing clothes, because let’s face it, the wardrobe department at ABC has the best sense of style. However, this past season with Arie Luyendyk Jr. never got me too excited and now that we are already at the finale, I realized that I didn’t miss it.

First of all, it is time to bring some new faces into Bachelor Nation. Arie was on the Bachelorette at least 5 years ago and he was on the older side then. The show is always advertising for their casting events in select cities, there must be somebody out there who could give the audience a new face to swoon at.

Second, I know it’s supposed to be a little trashy, but let’s have a little class. In the Bachelor heyday with Sean and Catherine, Desiree and Chris, Andi and Josh and the beautiful Ben Higgins, there was the drama, but we also got to see romance and true love, giving us loyal fans faith that the process of finding love on TV does work. The last few seasons have been hard to watch as women and men obviously being paid to play the villain and degrade themselves on national TV.

Also can we get some new date ideas? I don’t need to watch another girl freak out for 20 minutes about skydiving or bumper cars or eating a bug ( I know that one didn’t happen, but you get the point). Romance can be found by going on a scavenger hunt or trying to paint pictures each other’s faces or cooking a meal, which might be a good skill to have in a marriage. You want to get a bunch of college girls squealing: bring them to an animal shelter and let them play with PUPPIES!

So maybe I’m just growing more mature and getting over the staged romance, but I miss my guilty pleasure and being able to be shocked at “the most shocking season in Bachelor history”. I will give it another try in May because I always am drawn to meet the new eligible bachelors eyeing the beautiful future Bachelorette, but I want to see more reality in my reality show and less staged drama. I know you can do it ABC, come back stronger and pull me back into Bachelor nation!