'The Devil Wears Prada' Is Becoming A Musical - Gird Your Loins!

"That's all."

37

Yes, you read that correctly. The musical adaptation of the iconic film 'The Devil Wears Prada' is set to debut in Chicago in the Summer of 2020. Get ready to re-live your fashion girl dreams, except this time you'll be singing about them. From July 14-August 16 of 2020, the musical version of the beloved movie will hit the James M. Nederlander Theatre. Tickets for the production will go on sale on October 6, so get ready to invest in the most nostalgic night out.

The musical boasts "an all-star team including music by Tony Award winner Sir Elton John (Billy Elliot, Aida) lyrics by singer-songwriter Shaina Taub (Twelfth Night at The Public Theater), a book by Paul Rudnick (In & Out, Jeffrey), music supervision by Nadia DiGiallonardo (Waitress), and direction by Tony Award winner Anna D. Shapiro (August: Osage County), The Devil Wears Prada models that getting what you want simply means chasing it down, even in four-inch heels." Though announcements about the cast have not been released yet, the musical is sure to please given its impressive score.

Expect some surprises when the musical hits the stage. According to the official site of Broadway in Chicago, "The Devil Wears Prada is a new musical that gives the hit film a fabulously fresh makeover. Sometimes the best fashion statements are sung." The exciting announcement has yet to reveal the extent of what will differ between the movie and the musical. Nevertheless, the promise of these changes add to the hype surrounding the musical adaptation. What we do know for sure is that it's definitely more groundbreaking than florals for spring. You know you won't want to miss this iconic premiere! In the wise words of Miranda Priestly: "Oh, don't be absurd. Everyone wants to be us."