9 Hours Of Destiny 2: Forsaken, And Here Are My Thoughts

I've Played 9 Hours Of 'Destiny 2: Forsaken,' Here Are My Thoughts

"Bungie" may have hit the jackpot with this expansion.

19
destiny game

The original "Destiny 2" game wasn't very good. The content seemed limited, and for $100, it didn't seem all that worth it. One year later, and it seems "Bungie" has heard our concerns. "Destiny 2: Forsaken" has hit society, and it may be here to stay. Unlike the original game from a year ago, Forsaken addresses many players' concerns. The content seems never-ending, the writing seems much more creative, and the feel of the game has changed. I have officially fallen back in love with the game, and it's time for you to get back into it as well.

To start, we must talk about the campaign. This campaign is by far the best "Bungie" has ever come up with. We saw the loss of the funniest, most heartwarming character "Destiny" has ever shown. Our hearts mourned together as we saw Cayde-6 die. This emotionally tore me. I loved this character, and it hurt every player that played. We felt the pain that every character was feeling in the game, which made the story that much better. The feeling of the campaign was dark and had you really intrigued. There was so much new content in the story, that it almost feels overwhelming. But that type of feeling is what the game was lacking all this time. If the game will charge us a crazy amount of money, they better follow up with content.

After the base campaign, there are a bunch of side missions that cause you to grind it out. Destiny players have been asking for this type of content forever. I am so glad that after 9 hours of gameplay, I know that there is so much more to play. There is a bunch of new exotic gear to get, with easier ways of tracking it. Seeing all those gold engrams, make me want to keep grinding. I want to be the one who completes the game 100%.

Another thing the game brought in was their new multiplayer mode, "Gambit". This game mode is a freaking blast. It's for the players that love PVE and PVP combat. It's all mixed into one game mode that requires some teamwork. It's extremely competitive and is an easy way to kill time. I love the loot you get, and you will too.

This game also added so much content in the form of triumphs. Triumphs are kind of like challenges. There are literally hundreds of triumphs that you want to complete. Completing these will differentiate you between the casual player, and the pro. You want as much triumph points as possible to intimidate others. I'm already at 10,000 triumph points and I have only played the game for one day. This type of content will keep me playing for months, or until the next expansion comes out.

This review is the review of the game after 9 hours of gameplay. I can't tell you how the game will age, but for right now, it's fantastic. The game's raid hasn't even released yet, which adds even more content to play with your friends. The game has so much potential and I couldn't be happier with what they've given us. The only issue I have is the constant paywall that this game makes us go through, but if you can afford to play, it's worth it. If you haven't checked out the game yet, get it. The reviews are in, and it's worth every dime.