How I Designed My Own Planner And Saved My Sanity

Is this a Hobby Lobby ad or an expose of my life?

18

Is anyone else glued to their planner and operate on a series of to-do lists? When I first thought about parting with My Happy Planner, I was in utter disarray. I thought that it couldn't get any better than a Happy Planner until I realized that for my needs, the Happy Planner didn't provide room for my random thoughts and numerous to-do lists in each area of my life. When my Aunt Kathy and mother started to make their own planners and notebooks, I realized that I, too, could follow in their footsteps and create something that is cute and functional for my life.

Here's everything that I used

1. Bamboo Bullet Journal 

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies/Painting-Canvas-Art-Surfaces/Art-Journals/Bamboo-Bullet-Journal/p/80963824

I really enjoy the bullet journal because it allows me to draw clean lines. The bamboo outside keeps my journal sturdy when I beat it up in my backpack. You can buy one HERE!

Alright, now, Pinterest is great for inspiration, but you have to figure out what works for you. I'm not the pinnacle of organization whatsoever. I'll be very transparent, here's what my journal tends to look like. However, I love it because after every month, I have a few blank pages for my life, work, and organization to-do lists.

My journal might be a mess, but I get to be in control of what boxes I draw and how I can manage my time and space. For my brain, this is what sanity looks like. For you, I urge you to attempt to keep it a little more organized if that works for you. The point is that my journal is customizable and easy to use. I only make my weekly spreads week by week. Because, to be honest, I have no idea what the week is going to bring and what I might need to make a to-do list for. Naturally, school is my priority, but so is being places on time.

Anyway, this article was a little chaotic, but so is my brain. And my planner. If you have a planner that you've done, I'd love to see it!