Why Democrats And Independents Should Support Joe Biden

It appears that among the tension that is currently happening in the world due to COVID-19, the presidential election got even more heated when Sen. Bernie Sanders announced that he was ending his campaign for the White House, making former Vice President Joe Biden the presumptive Democratic nominee. This soon prompted Bernie supporters to lash out in frustration since their hopes for a Democratic socialist president was over.

Joe Biden was loved during President Barack Obama's administration. The years before Generation Z began depicting him as a forgetful and creepy man, they discussed the friendship and ethics of Obama and Biden. Witnessing Joe receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom was something that Americans cheered and posted about on social media. Biden was honored for everything that he accomplished during the eight years he spent as vice president.

According to CNN, from his time spent as a defense attorney in Wilmington, Delaware, working in the Senate and eventually as VP, Joe Biden achieved many great things during his long and successful career. This is the reason why Biden became the Democratic nominee. Even though the other candidates have their own policies, which interested people into supporting them, Joe Biden is a fighter and has a greater chance of winning against Trump. America needs a leader who can get things done, put the country first, and is able to cooperate with people that have policies different from him, and Biden can do all of that.

For a long time, many Americans did not think Biden would make it, but he proved them wrong. During the beginning of his campaign, Biden struggled to get the support that he needed but seeing that he worked in the United States Senate for over 30 years, and the Obama Administration for eight years, Biden is not one to give up. When Super Tuesday, arrived Biden made one of the biggest comebacks in political history, boosting himself towards the Democratic nomination.

Before he was Obama's vice president, Joe Biden went to law school, and even though he was drafted, his asthma stopped him from passing the physical. Instead of protesting the Vietnam War, Biden became the fifth-youngest person elected to the United States Senate after making U.S. withdrawal from the war part of his campaign platform. Despite losing his first wife and daughter in a car crash, as a Senator, he traveled to Washington D.C every day, tirelessly worked hard, and passed the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act and the Violence Against Women Act.

Compared to the other candidates, Biden has more experience on many issues, meaning he will work with his staff and experts to fix the mess Trump caused during the past three years. Biden went through tragic events in his life, but still had the strength to push forward and make it to the Democratic nomination. This is another reason why he has what it takes to be president.

The first time I registered to vote was during Obama's reelection campaign. Obama and Biden got so much accomplished. Joe can help this nation recover from the damage brought upon by Trump. By removing him from office, we can get this country back on the right path, and I believe Joe Biden can lead us toward a better future.