My Faith Isn't Funny
Religion

An Open Letter To The People Who Call Me A 'Bible- Banger'

Since when is re-dedicating your life to Jesus an act of "bible-banging?"

140
https://unsplash.com/photos/H9K0fOYlFVA

Recently, I decided to re-dedicate my life to Jesus. Upon doing this, I have received comments from people who don't know me, who I went to high school with (two years ago), and even my family, that I am a 'Bible Banger.' What even is this? Don't get me wrong, I haven't been a pure person my whole life, I too, have made mistakes and engaged in things that I wish I hadn't, but that doesn't mean that I am not worthy of re-dedicating my life to Jesus, getting re-baptized, and finding my home within my church. It seems to me that those who worship Jesus publicly are those who get knocked down by society.

Why? Why is it that when I announce my Faith publicly that I get attacked? Why is it that I can't talk about what I believe in without getting shot down in the first three seconds of a conversation? Why is it that I get attacked and harassed when I am not even pressing my beliefs into your mouth? I am not shoving it down your throat, I am not telling you to believe the same things as me and to drop what you are doing and find God. I am telling you how happy he has made me. I am telling you that his word is the truth, my truth. I am telling you that being forgiven and cleansed has changed my life and that I am a new person because of what he does in my heart. I am here to tell you that no, I am not what you call a 'Bible-Banger' and neither are my brothers and sisters. We are more than people who read their Bibles and go to church- we are children of God and we are trying to serve the same mission. So, I'm sorry if you think that the things that I choose to engage in make me look like what you call, a 'bible banger', but if that's what an obedient child of God looks like in your eyes, then yes, I am a Bible Banger and I will wear that title with pride every where that I go. Not to be smart, but to show my God and my sisters and brothers that your words can't shake me. Your words can't shake me because I have a solid foundation. I have a rock by my side all of the time. Your words of hate, jealousy, and envy mean nothing to us.

I wouldn't attack you for posting and preaching about whatever it is that you believe in. I wouldn't degrade you because our beliefs are different. I wouldn't talk down on you for having nothing in common with my views. So why would you do that to me? Lucky for you, I am strong enough to take those words personal and close, like a bullet of hate that's trying to kill me. I am strong enough and stable enough to be able to take those words without a reaction. I am strong enough to know that the words you speak are words sent straight from the devil. I am smart enough to not respond when you taunt me for believing in a God that created you and I. I am smart enough to believe that one day you'll see how amazing it is to walk in the ways of God, and that will be enough for you to dedicate your life. Until you dedicate your life to Jesus and see him for yourself, you truly can't tell me that he's not real or that what I'm doing is too much because once you get to know God, you'll see that the things I do, aren't enough. The preaching that I do will never measure up to the things that God wants me to do, and that's okay. But, you'll see that even though I look "extra" in my Faith, I really am not I really don't even meet the lowest standard for how God expects me to preach about him and his word. You'll see that when you are newly dedicated and newly cleansed. Until you reach that point, please hold back the comments about my Faith, my ways of living, and about how I preach. I'm doing the things that I know are right for me and if you let me do me, I'll let you do you. After all, why would you want to spread hate and envy around like the plaque when spreading love and hope is so much more powerful?