A Love Letter To Target

A Love Letter To Target

Your endless aisles filled with both essential and unnecessary items have caused me to fall head over heels.

37
A Love Letter To Target
Bing

Dear Target,

We first met when I was a young child, still carting around with my mother, begging for a blue slushie to occupy my time. Back then I was only able to identify you as the white dog with a red circle around his eye. Now, I like to refer to you as my right hand, my go to (or something along those lines).

Your endless aisles filled with both essential and unnecessary items have caused me to fall head over heels. As soon as I step through those red automatic doors, I become mesmerized by the countless possibilities that lay ahead. I immediately find myself looking through racks of clothes I do not need or meandering around the home goods for the house I do not own. This has become both a blessing and a curse in my life.

This is why I must lay out a plan before every visit so that I am not tempted to leave with more than I initially intended. How do I manage to always fail at this task? I once came looking for a laundry basket and left with The Lorax on DVD (and no laundry basket). The other day I went to get notebooks and left with enough school supplies to equip an entire fifth grade class. What is this spell you have enchanted upon me and so many others alike?

All of a sudden I'm no longer simply running down the road to Rite Aid when I run out of shampoo. Now, I prefer to make a trip out of it, adding things to my once short list, and running to you instead. Why go to both the grocery store and dollar store when I can get everything I need in one drive to you? When will I stop making excuses to see you? The answer; hopefully never.

You have supported me through many bathing suit decisions, college dorm shopping, and last minute Christmas gifts. You have let me waste my time away wandering through your multitude of home decorations and electronics. In addition, you have given me more unnecessary gifts than anyone else I know. I am constantly reminded of you as I look around my room at everything you have given to me.

Thank you might not cover what all we've been through, but it's a start. I'm sure we'll continue to see each other as the years go on. For that I am eternally grateful.

Love,

A veteran Target shopper