Dear Starkville, Please Bring Back Lime Scooters.

If you aren't sure what Lime Scooters are, I'm sorry.

20
media.graytvinc.com

If you aren't sure what Lime Scooters are, they are scooters that you can pay to ride through an app. And when Starkville, MS got them at the beginning of this year, they brought my friends and I pure joy. For me, I enjoyed them so much because they reminded me so much of Razor scooters from the mid 2000s.

Lime Bikes and Scooters were operated by batteries that were charged, causing minimal effort to ride them. Another thing about the bikes and scooters is that you could locate them using the app, and the first ride was FREE!! I'm not sure about everyone else, but i'm on a college budget, so "Free" is my favorite word.

assets.rebelmouse.io

Before Lime Scooters, there were Lime Bikes on the MSU campus. These bikes were very useful if you lived on campus because you could get to your class faster. Almost every day, I would see a Lime bike in a tree, on top of a building, or even inside a building. However, the Lime Scooters were not allowed on campus, only Lime Bikes. And eventually, I started realizing that the bikes as well as the scooters started disappearing.

https://skitterphoto.com/photos/3165/road-lying-ah...

Even though Riding Lime Scooters in downtown Starkville made me fall off a couple of times, it was still a really fun thing to do after class with your friends to pass time. Not only did it remind me of riding my childhood pink Barbie Razor Scooter, it almost hurt as bad falling off of it.

Even though i'm not certain on why the Lime Scooters and Bikes were taken away, i'm sure it had something to do with the fact that bikes were always getting tied to trees and being put on top of buildings. Because Lime Scooters started showing up on campus even though they weren't supposed to be, this is probably another reason why both the bikes and scooters were taken away.

https://oneclass.com/blog/north-carolina-state-university/34261-limebike-at-nc-state-university.en.html

Starkville, I apologize that bikes were continuously put in trees, but I for one would love to have Lime Scooters as well as bikes returned to us.

Sincerely,

The Students of Mississippi State University