Dear Person I Will Marry

Dear Person I Will Marry

I've got some words for you, darling.

40
Dear Person I Will Marry
kira stevens

I have a lot of things to talk to you about, future life partner of mine.
First of all,

If this letter is addressed to you, I guess that means you've somehow managed to (or are someday going to somehow manage to) get yourself legally bound to my presence for the rest of your years.

Wow. First of all, thank you. I am genuinely flattered. I love you for loving me. That is dope. I am truly, from the bottom of my heart, so very thankful for your existence, babe. I mean that.

You respect me and you challenge me. You let me fight you for the sake of fighting. You mockingly call me cutie because I hate being called cutie. But who knows, maybe I’ll like being called cutie when it’s coming from you. I don’t know. That's doubtful though.

So anyway, I'm writing this letter to you because I have a whole lot of stuff to ask and tell you about. There are some things I want to know about you, and some things I want to tell you about me. I want to make sure we're on the same page about all this stuff. I've been thinking a lot about my future and how I want to look at my past. I've been thinking about you, and the infinite list of possible future or past situations that could somehow correlate my path with yours.

Literally there are so many different ways we could possibly meet, or could have already met. It straight up blows my mind, dude. It's both crazy and comforting to know that whatever path I'm on at any moment of time could somehow bump or crash into your path, and you and I would just carry on from that point of intersection and continue walking forward together.

I want to make sure we both understand that the path we travel thenceforth isn’t guaranteed to lack in complications or twisty turns. We’re going to deal with a lot of shit. So get excited and rev your cognitive and emotional engines BEBEH, because no matter who we are, we’re going to be traveling together on bumpy roads at times.

Hard times are inevitable. We have no control over the amount of crap we deal with throughout our lives, before and after we meet each other. The only thing we have control over is how we react to the crap the universe throws at us. I feel like marriage gives us an opportunity to make a solidified promise to help each other be stronger in the face of any potential falling shit.

So yeah as you can see already I've put some thought into this. In regards to figuring out some ways to maybe prepare us for those inevitable bumpy roads, I have some requests/suggestions that I want to throw your way. My first and most important request is a bit harsh sounding but bear with me here, LoveMuffin.

I'm going to need you to stay away from me for a bit longer. Yeah. So uhm, halt. I don't want to know your name yet.

It's not just a you thing. It's a me thing too. I have to admit that I kind of low key don’t want you to meet me the way I am right now. Not that I’m saying the way I am right now is bad or anything. I just don’t think I’m fully developed into the person that I think will balance perfectly with the qualities I know that I need from you.

Is this making sense?

I feel like a lot of marriages don’t work out because the two individuals didn’t do enough to find themselves first before they found each other.

You’re so amazing; I know that you are, and I know that you're going to make me feel amazing too. I don’t wanna depend on you to feel amazing, though. That would take away from your amazingness. That’s how toxic dependent relationships thrive. They're essentially parasitic.

Whatever you’re doing right now, keep doing that shit babe. Keep growing, keep finding yourself. I’m doing the same.

Keep doing all the things you’re gonna tell me stories about. I’m so excited to hear them.

I’m really excited to tell you about my college years, especially because I know that everything is gonna make so much sense in retrospect when I’m telling you about it all. Nothing makes sense right now, dude. Nada. Niet. Zip. Zippo.

So yeah, I'm glad we could have this talk. I'm glad I could make sure you know that I haven’t given up on finding you. I’m just putting the idea of you on hold because I love you so much and I want to be the best I can be for you. I want to support you as much as I possibly can one day, when we're running forward hand in hand, blocking all the shit that tries to make our path bumpier.

I’m gonna marry the shit out of you, bebeh. Just wait and see. It's gonna be dope.