Dear Hollywood, We Need To Talk

Dear Hollywood, We Need To Talk

Please stop remaking my favorite films and get original.

16
Dear Hollywood, We Need To Talk
Modern Hiker

Dear Hollywood,

You have created some brilliant masterpieces and award winning films. However, doing live action takes on Disney movies or classic fairytales is getting old fast. Also, remaking beloved films usually turns out to be a huge let down. Altering classics and adding modern touches takes away from the beauty and uniqueness of older films. It is either a win or lose situation with making newer versions of old movies. I know having an all female cast is a big confidence boost for women but at least make the film enjoyable. Plus, if we are going to remake movies that originated from a book series, can we please make them more like the novels? Another big trend in media is making sequels to movies that do not really need them. The first one came out 20 years ago with a solid ending. Why do we need a follow up? Don't get me wrong, I adore a series of movies with newer additions, such as the Star Wars franchise, but I feel that's all we see in current times.

Where has the creativity gone with movies? Some directors are still producing great original films while others lack that spark. I am ready to see a brand new plot from fresh, new minds. Perhaps Hollywood should be producing movies about unknown stories that happened in history. There is so much information out there people aren't aware of. Let's make something both educational and entertaining. A new trend I have noticed is live musicals. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE live theatre and musicals. It is a major part of who I am. However, I would enjoy to see a bit of better casting, more innovation when adding original content, and a few other tweaks can be made.

Additionally, it has been quite some time since I have watched a good scary or suspenseful movie. Most horror films in cooperate stuff that included paranormal communication on social media or have modern applications in place. I want to watch something that messes with my mind or has you questioning your sanity. Please stop with the shaky camcorders and jump scares. Maybe make a thriller where the victim does everything right (like not shouting hello into a room with a possible murderer) and they still end up dying. It would keep audience members on the edge of their seats.

I do not want this article to seem spiteful, because I am a big movie fanatic of all genres, I would just like to see more creativity in the industry. One thing I do admire about films presently is that they are more inclusive of all races, genders, and sexuality. Also, special effects and designs have come a long way. I just want to be surprised once in a while. I think there should be more input when brainstorming ideas for films.

Sincerely,

A Dedicated Fan