Dear Guys, I Know What I Want But I Don't Know When It Comes To You
Dating

I'm a bitch with a heart of gold.

336
Original Photo Courtesy of Mackenzie Boivin

I'm straight forward, headstrong and opinionated to the max. People often refer to me as a bitch and, at one point in my life, I took offense to that. But now I say unapologetically that I'm a bitch. And by that I mean that I can make decisions. I can plan out details and assign tasks. I can tell you the cold hard truth, if that is what you want. But just because I can doesn't mean I always want to.

Yes, I'm a bitch but that doesn't mean I don't have a heart.

I've been called scary by guys because I know what I want. I'm a threat that not all the guys of 2018 can handle, especially at this age within the headspace of college life. Am I ashamed of it? No. If you can't handle my spark, then that's a you problem. Am I annoyed with it? Yes.

I'll be honest, I'm not everyone's flavor; I'm more of an eclectic taste. Some days, I can be too much to handle, and I get that. But I'm curious as to why I'm always written off or tossed aside. I've got a heart of gold and a go-getter attitude. I know what I want and I'm not afraid to make that known. So, guys--what's the deal?

I'm independent; but sometimes I wish I weren't. Everyone assumes I hate all the co-dependent, lovey-dovey stuff (which, for the most part, is true...sorry, not sorry); however, I can be the world's biggest softy. I have the largest heart, which most people would never think. I hate seeing people hurt, especially those who are already at a disadvantage.

I was in an exit interview for my internship when I got told that I have a unique ability to keep everyone in the conversation and not make others feel left out; I take pride in that. The amount of times I've been pushed out of conversations has led me to realize that everyone just wants to be heard.

I have plans for my future. When I look towards my future, I can envision the job, the place, but there's always been this foggy cloud with whom my partner may be. My friends are there, along with my parents and family, but I never have a crystal clear vision of the guy I'm meant to spend my life with. The thought crosses my mind often. I know my plans, but does he?

Sam Smith says, "Real love is never a waste of time" and, often in this generation, commitment is hard to come by. Yet I see my friends getting MARRIED and living their lives with people they care so much about. I get confused; I've never been the girl who needs a boyfriend, and maybe that was because I really couldn't get one. I want love. Maybe it's the planner in me wanting to see the full picture in effect, or maybe it's just the stigma.

I know, I know--one day I will find him. Someday, it will all work out. My message to the boys is take a chance on her, the scary one, the one who "seems to have it so together one." Because, trust me, she doesn't always, and she'd love some help.

Related Articles Around the Web