Dear Girly Tomboys, Feel Free To Evolve

Dear Girly Tomboys, Feel Free To Evolve

Rock that Rhianna foundation with those Chuck Taylors.

88
Dear Girly Tomboys, Feel Free To Evolve
Flickr

Dear Girly Tomboys,

First off, yes it is OK that you can wear makeup and vans in the same outfit.

I personally love my all black vans with my red matte lip. Yes, it is also okay to play sports some days and only want to read others. For some reason, the world has divided women into two main categories of girly girls and the tomboys. We are either playing sports or doing each other's hair, but God forbid we do both. I think we are all a mix of both tomboy and girly girl.

Sure, I don't enjoy the outdoors, mud by the lake, or boxer briefs and t-shirts every day, but I don't want to wear makeup with heels or boots or get my nails done every two weeks. Actually, why should I fit into just one category?

We don't.

We are not in high school anymore, we should not be forced into cliques. I think we need to empower our differences and embrace every aspect of each other. For example, I enjoyed playing softball throughout my grad school career, and still enjoy throwing a ball around every once in a while.

I am currently training to become more physically fit.

However, I also spend way too much on makeup compared to how often I wear it, and I have the guilty pleasure of wanting and/or purchasing too many pairs of shoes. (Ankle boots don't really count though, do they?) We should be able to love our romantic movies while indulging into the latest Star Wars movie or Marvel film. (Because we all know the only good DC movie recently made was Wonder Woman. Fight me on it if you want to.)

Anyway, we are all unique and a bunch of puzzle pieces. Don't let one piece become the only piece.