The Day I Realized I Didn't Have To Settle

Don't Stay In Your Comfort Zone.

33
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1sPyymtTOAhUJ5iYKHan4B98QjB0IBg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pexels.com%2Fphoto%2Fbeautiful-sunset-sky-6241%2F&bvm=bv.129759880,d.eWE&psig=AFQjCNHVzP6NhWbtalP2iplO2Qf8lREWMg&ust=1471927230883495

I know what you're thinking, "Oh look, another article about how you shouldn't settle for a guy. You should always wait for the best." While I do wholeheartedly believe that, that's not what this article is about. This is about realizing that you really never have to settle; for anything. Recently I've realized that life is short; so short in fact, that we don't even realize just how short it is until it's too late. We don't realize it until a loved one dies, or something tragic happens and then we're left thinking about how we aren't promised tomorrow.

Why is this the only thing that inspires us to make a change? Why don't we realize everyday that tomorrow is never promised? So many people go to work miserable everyday because they're too scared to take the leap and make a change. People wake up next to people they don't love because they never thought they would find better. Please do not let yourself become one of those people.

When someone or something makes you feel like you are even slightly less than enough, remove yourself from the situation. I know it's easier said than done, but at the end of the day, you have to be happy with the life you've created for yourself. Major in what you love regardless of the people that tell you it's pointless. Go on a trip across the world, talk to the person beside you at work or in class who seems like your polar opposite. Don't settle for a life that's less than extraordinary.

If there's a passion in your heart, or a calling you feel led to, go after it. The worst feeling you can have in life is that you settled for a life you didn't want, or a place you didn't want or even a person you didn't want. If you aren't the person you wanna be, don't settle. Chase your dreams fiercely. Realize you deserve the very best that you can give yourself and then go get it. Never settle, for anything. Your comfort zone is a familiar place, but you will never grow there.