Day 3 of Quarantine

Day 3 of Quarantine

What this pandemic has taken from me, but what it has also taught me thus far

25
Day 3 of Quarantine

When first finding out about the extra week of spring break, I was ecstatic. I could not care less about a silly virus or what this extended spring break would bring. As a made my way home from the beach, things began to sink in on how this week would really go. I realized I was back under my parents' roof, which meant not being able to go and do whatever I wanted whenever I pleased. This did not seem so bad since they are not that strict, but I did not know how much worse it was about to get. I enjoyed the company of my friends for a few days, not knowing that it would be the last time I got to for a while.

On Monday, I rode to Starkville with my roommate to get a majority of my clothes and things I needed for the break. While I was gone, Mississippi State called for online schooling the rest of the semester AND President Trump called for a two-week quarantine in America. While most of my friends' parents did not see this as a huge deal, considering there were not many cases in America, my parents decided to take this announcement to the extreme. They texted my sister and I in a group message saying we were not allowed to hang out with our friends or do much of anything for two weeks. Me being a social butterfly and suffering from severe FOMO, lost my mind. How was I supposed to sit in my room for two weeks away from my friends? What was I going to do with all of this free time and my thoughts eating my alive? I argued and argued until I had nothing else to say.

So far, the whole experience has been absolutely awful. My friends have been out doing whatever and having fun, while I have looked through the entire Netflix website 5 times. I have cleaned my room and eaten probably 1 meal in 48 hours. I am dramatic, so of course I have not spoken to my parents either. At this point, I am trying to find some light coming from this and the pandemic as a whole. I have acknowledged that I have been selfish with the entire social distancing thing and I understand that my parents are doing this to protect me and others, but it is still an extremely difficult adjustment. More updates to come on how this pandemic has changed me as a person and hopefully will change the world as well.