Cross Country As Told By Justin Bieber

Cross Country As Told By Justin Bieber

"When you nod your head yes, but you want to say no."

32
Cross Country As Told By Justin Bieber
MTV News

Running has the potential to be one of the best things you'll ever do for the duration of your lifetime. It's enjoyable, freeing, and a great outlet for stress relief. Any runner will agree that all of the above are 100 percent accurate. Or at least, accurate until you participate in a cross country race. The leisurely pace you've taken during practice is long gone and is instead replaced with a never ending burning sensation that runs from your lungs all the way down to your feet. Due to the fact that the "Purpose World Tour" kicks off in officially less than a month, it only makes sense to have our favorite pop sensation (and now Grammy winner) explain the struggles that can only be understood by those who have chosen to put themselves through this torture that is globally acknowledged as "running." Here is cross country as told by the one and only, Justin Drew Bieber.

1. When your coach tells you the ungodly hour you have to be on the bus for race day.

2. Sizing up the competition as you walk the course with your team.

3. Feeling yourself while listening to your straight fire pre-race playlist.

4. Having the sudden urge to cry, pee, and throw up simultaneously when the official announces 10 minutes until the gun.

5. When the gun goes off and all you can do is try to avoid being that one runner who ends up getting trampled in the chaos. (There's always one.)

6. When you pass up that one runner that confidently sprinted their first half mile and died out shortly after.

7. You approach the one-mile mark, realize you're only 1/3 of the way through, and begin to question why you ever joined this sport from hell.

8. You look to the person on your left and wonder if they're having the same thoughts you are.

9. When that one random person from the sidelines yells out "800 TO GO." when it turns out you still have a mile and a half left. #FalseHope

10. Passing the photographer for the local newspaper and trying your best to make it look like you're not dying on the outside.

11. When in reality on the inside you're like...

12. Passing a team mate who is clearly struggling/potentially on the brink of heart failure or sudden death, and having no choice but to drag them along with you.

13. You approach the final stretch and a couple of people behind you suddenly turn full Usain Bolt mode, forcing you to do the same.

14. When you cross the finish line and realize that the worst minutes of your life are finally over.

15. You check your time and discover that you beat your personal record for the season.

16. And then realize that you get to do it all over again next week.