11 Fall Dates To Enjoy With Your Sweetheart

There's more to do besides dance in September!

146

IT'S SEPTEMBER! I am more excited for fall than words can allow me to say. I am a winter girl through and through, and fall is just one more beautiful step closer to the most wonderful time of the year (I'm not even quoting the Christmas song, I just firmly believe this with my whole heart).

Let's face it, there's a little bit of "basic" in us all, and every girl is secretly hoping they get to go on a few stereotypical fall dates this season. Myself included. The possibilities are truly endless, but here are my elite eleven fall dates, dudes pay attention (and ladies tag your guy)!!!

1. Pumpkin Patch

https://www.instagram.com/haunting.autumn/

Let's go ahead and get the most popular one out of the way first. Name ONE person who doesn't want to go to a pumpkin patch in the fall. That person doesn't exist. Cute pictures together, picking out a pumpkin to carve, and a personal favorite, picking out little gourds to decorate your house with. It's a win every time, especially since most pumpkin patches have other activities to do like hayrides, corn mazes, and a setup to take pictures in front of. For all my college station peeps, Habitat for Humanity brings in a pumpkin patch to Covenant Presbyterian Church every year!

2. Haunted house

What's more romantic than being terrified out of your minds together??? I am definitely an adrenaline junkie and this is honestly what I'm looking forward to the most. There are so many haunted houses that you and your boo (pun intended) will have plenty to choose from. For me, Cutting Edge in Fort Worth takes the gold.

3. Trick or treating

I'm pretty sure you're never too old to go trick or treating. At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself when I'm 30 years old dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible with my husband with no children present. Pick out a dynamic duo, get costumes together, and go demand candy! I actually think it's mandatory. Very American.

4. Hay rides

Bonus points of there's hot chocolate involved. Throw on some sweaters and snuggle up with your honey on a nice hayride in the crisp fall air. Hayrides usually have other fall activities to offer as well, so make a whole night out of it! I seriously hope it gets cold so soon!

5. Scary movie marathon

More snuggling up with your honey!! If you're brave, turn off all the lights and play some back to back (to back) horror films or Halloween classics. Suggestions include but are not limited to: Twitches, Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. (obviously I'm not too big on horror films)

6. Picnic in the leaves (on a blanket of course)

CRISP AIR!!!!!! What better time to be outside than when you can do so without dripping sweat!? I'm the biggest fan of cold weather and I LOVE being outside in it. While I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, I'm sure Texas still has a ton of warm weather to offer you for a warm and toasty picnic. Pack your favorite meal and enjoy a slow afternoon outside.

7. Host Friendsgiving

I can say with one hundred percent certainty that cooking together is my love language. Dressing cute and making a huge thanksgiving dinner together only to eat it with the people you care the most about? I'm pretty sure I've had an actual dream about this before. So. much. Love.

8. Football Game

Brandon Arlington

Whoop, gig em, etc!!!! Fall means football first and foremost to a lot of people, especially guys, so this is one way to make sure your man is not only in love with you, but in love with the date as well. Cheer on your favorite team together under the beautiful stadium lights. And remember, when the Aggies score, we score!!!!!

9. A bonfire

SMORES!!!!! This serves as a perfect group date too, especially if you spook it up and tell scary stories. I always forget that marshmallows exist until smores come into play, then they become the most important food group. The most important thing of all, whether it's a date or just with friends, is enjoying each others' company.

10. Outdoor Adventures

Haley Walker

Cool weather means go outside!! There are a million options!! Texas has 111 state parks, there are 10,234 state parks total, and 388 National Parks if you're up for a road trip. Nature is BEAUTIFUL this time of year so go explore it!

11. Those tiny sugar cookies with holiday-themed pictures on them

https://www.instagram.com/pillsbury/

I have intentionally saved the best for last. These cookies are so good, life-giving, and biblical they can be a date in and of themselves. Bake 4 boxes. Watch them cook. Eat some and then eat some more. Eat them while you cuddle, study, work out, cook dinner, wash your cars, grocery shop, literally anytime, anywhere, any place. Amen.