The 9 (Relatively) Easy Steps To Constructing A Cosplay

Everything you might need to know.

41

So, how does one exactly construct and complete a cosplay for different kinds of conventions? It comes in a variety of steps and stages that caters to everyone's needs. One persons experience in cosplaying might be totally different than the next persons. For Anachrocon 2017, I decided to do my favorite character from Bioshock Infinite, Elizabeth Comstock. I did my own version of her as an adventuress that had escaped her corrupted dictator father!

Step 1: Brainstorm a character or idea for your cosplay!

This is where to start first. Start sketching or making a list of ideas that you like best. Even if you aren't an artist, this helps get your ideas on paper to assess what you want and don't want!

Step 2: Go to a thrift store and search!

You would be surprised to find junk that you can add into your cosplay! Curtains, buckles, books, and more! Another person's trash is another person's treasure!

Step 3: Start constructing and putting together your cosplay!

This is the fun part! Making each and every part of your cosplay is the most creative way to show your love of your character. It's best to make your cosplay unique instead of buying it. But of course, if you don't have the time, buying is cool too.

Step 4: Try it on.

You have to make sure that if fits and everything seems perfect!

Step 5: More crafting.

After realizing you missed a piece when you tried it on, it's been decided you need to craft more until it's just right.

Step 6: Plan on a con to go to.

Go to AnachroCon! Always go to AnachroCon!

Step 7: Showtime! Get your whole cosplay together.

Show off your awesome cosplay and buy some stuff! Observe the other cosplays by others and take note of some of the things you should try!

Step 8: Convention time!

Enjoy all the panels and food that there is to offer!

Step 9: Enjoy and remember to take pictures!

Most of all, remember to have fun and enjoy every moment that you are experiencing. Because, who knows when you'll go to your next con!