Why You Should Meet With Friends At Coffee Houses
Food Drink

Connect With Others Over Coffee

There's something comforting about talking to someone with a warm drink in hand

113
Connect With Others Over Coffee
Isabel Hall

I was first exposed to the world of coffee houses during my freshman year of college. What started as a floor trip and first stop on a coffee trail turned into frequenting coffee houses with friends and family to hang out, catch up, or work on homework. I don't just enjoy going to coffee houses because I love coffee; I also find them to be an ideal place to talk to people.

There's something comforting about talking to someone with a warm drink in hand, the aroma of coffee in the air, and the low hum of others talking in the background. Coffee houses tend to be relaxing environments; they aren't loud enough so that you can't hear your own thoughts, but they aren't so quiet that you feel awkward speaking. This perfect balance of relaxed and alert, thanks to the coffee in your hand, provides a great opportunity to chat with others about your goals and dreams, life, and just about anything.

The atmosphere of coffee houses also makes it easy to open up to others. You don't feel overly stiff and formal, and you feel as though you can freely speak your mind. This makes coffee houses a great option for meeting with bosses, new acquaintances, or friends you haven't spoken to in a while.

Yes, you can connect with others over a meal, at a bar, or anywhere else. However, coffee houses offer a soothing environment that other locations can't match. Next time you plan on meeting up with friends or family, connect over coffee.