Be Confident And All Will Come Together

7 Ways You Can Stand Tall And Boost Your Confidence Because, Babes, Confidence Is IN

Believe in yourself and all will follow. Here's seven tips and tricks on how to be confident in your body and life.

94
Emma Barrera

Everyone nowadays is preaching confidence.

"Confidence is sexy."

"Confidence is key to being happy."

"Just be confident!"

Confidence this, confidence that. Yeah, confidence is great and all, but how does one gain such confidence? Social media makes it seem like some people have the whole confidence thing down pat. It makes you sit staring at their posts thinking, "HOW? They make it seem so easy!"

Yes, of course, they make it seem easy; because it is easy. But it only became easy for them over time. They weren't always like this. It took time, effort, and a little of self-love to get there.

So, how do they do it? Well, that's what this article is here for! I don't consider myself extremely confident in all that I do, but I've come a long way from where I was. I've learned to love my body, I don't have to listen to what others say to make a decision about how I may look, and I take rejection a lot better than I used to. It's a daily process, but I've learned to love who I am and love the process of growing.

Instead of preaching confidence, let's just do the damn thing and be. Here are 7 ways you can instantly boost your confidence and start living that self-loving lifestyle.

1. Clean out that social media.

https://tfln.co/17-things-all-instagram-addicts-do-but-wont-admit/delete-erase-unfollow-whatever-gif/

You may have heard this tip a lot, but it honestly is one of the best things you can do for yourself. You are who you surround yourself with, so if your feed is filled with negativity and hate you're going to feel all of that negativity and hate. Take the time to clean through your socials and unfollow any account that makes you feel anything less than confident. If unfollowing is too much, just hit the mute button on their profile. No negativity in your circle!

2. Me time is necessary.

http://mylifewithhelene.tumblr.com/

People person or not, you need your alone time. You need this time to learn how to be confident and comfortable being in your own body. Go to the gym, read a book, take a walk, listen to your favorite podcast before you go to bed, pray. Do something every day that makes you happy. Five minutes or two hours, every second will help you reach that state where you're truly happy just being with yourself.

3. Dress confident, be confident.

Emma Barrera

Now, this doesn't mean you need to wear heels and a dress every day to "dress confidently." My favorite outfit where I feel like a freaking bada** is black leggings, a sweatshirt, converse, and my leather jacket. I don't need to be dressed high-class to be confident. Dress in whatever way makes you happiest and most comfortable.

4. Get sleep.

https://giphy.com/gifs/sleeping-funny-cartoon-gmHYv3SVxRdmM

Sleep, people! This is something I really need to work on, but getting a good night's sleep in essential for a lot of things, especially feeling good the next day. Start your day off right feeling energized and positive. I bet you'll feel ten times better with a little extra sleep in you.

5. Look into the mirror before you leave, and smile.

https://giphy.com/gifs/obama-barack-obama-thanks-3ohA2Pzq5LQIIy0okE

Weirdest tip I can give you, but it has worked wonders for me. Every morning before I leave, I'll check my outfit one last time and then smile at myself. It sounds so weird, but giving yourself that positive reinforcement will carry throughout the day.

6. Stop caring about what other people think.

https://giphy.com/gifs/awesomenesstv-betch-3ohze2YJ3WPhckl9NC

If you're feeling yourself that day, feel yourself! Post that selfie, walk with a purpose, do you. Don't let anyone else's opinions matter. You are the only version of you out there, might as well live it up not giving a damn what others think or say.

7. Speak it into existence.

https://www.kappadelta.org/8-reasons-tyadvisors/confidence-gif/

Say it out loud even if it's to yourself. "I'm confident." "I'm confident." "I'm confident." Write it, say it, think it. The more you start to verbalize it, the more it'll come true. Speak it into existence.