Concert Review: The Purpose Tour

Concert Review: The Purpose Tour

How Justin Bieber redeemed himself.

41
Concert Review: The Purpose Tour
MGM Grand

Last December, my roommate and I were on a Justin Bieber high due to his new Purpose album. When he announced that he was going on a world tour, we were determined to get tickets. Most dates were either too far away or would conflict with our school schedules. But there we were on June 29, driving 14 hours to Orlando, Florida. When we finally arrived at our hotel on Thursday, we immediately started getting ready to go see the Biebz.

The arena was full of teenagers and to be honest, we felt slightly out of place when our seats were directly in the middle of 14-year-olds and their moms. I've never been a fan of most opening acts, and there was no exception for Moxie Raia and Post Malone. We were ready for Bieber, and Bieber alone.

Finally, the lights went down and we heard the opening notes of "Mark My Words." You couldn't hear yourself think thanks to the deafening screams of teenagersand twenty-somethings alike. Justin Bieber had finally graced the stage and it was almost like a dream. After watching this 22-year-old prodigy on YouTube and award shows for so many years, it was surreal to see him.

He followed up with most of his Purpose album including "I'll Show You," "The Feeling," "Been You," "No Pressure" and "No Sense." His back-up dancers provided the right amount of support for Bieber, but truth be told, no one was really paying attention to them. All eyes were on the bad-turned-good boy who had made a complete 180 in the recent years. He went from being incriminated back to being the heartthrob that all the girls wanted, and this show was the perfect example.

He gave an ode to the long-standing Bieber fans by singing his old hits such as "Baby," "Boyfriend" and "Home to Mama," which he was accompanied by Cody Simpson in the studio version.

In a very tasteful act, during "Life is Worth Living," Bieber had the screen project all of the names of the victims who were killed from the shooting at the Pulse nightclub, as well as Christina Grimmie.

As for the encore, Bieber killed it with "Sorry," which showcased his and his back-up dancers talent as they performed under a waterfall that completely drenched them, probably hindering how well they could keep upright while they danced.

All in all, I was impressed with the concert and before it was even halfway over, my roommate and I were looking at each other saying, "We have to see him again!" But with better seats, because the nosebleeds are not the best way to enjoy Bieber's company. I was skeptical at first; I believed the singer had hit his peak a long time ago, but he has definitely redeemed himself with the Purpose Tour.