Complete your winter look with the best earrings

Entering a new season is a good opportunity to try out some different styles

16

Earrings are jewellery that has a lot of freedom for creativity and catches the eye almost immediately, but it’s up to you whether you lean into the new styles and trends or stick with the classics.

The top winter 2021 trends are, let’s say, not particularly subtle. Unlike clothes, jewellery can both transform a look whilst holding deep sentimental value. It can be your edge or a staple of your look; it can be a way to experiment or a way to represent a culture.

Particle

Let’s take a look at some of the options with earrings for women and what is popping off heading into the winter of 2022.

Dalida Earrings

Dalida earrings arguably grew in popularity during 2021 because of Zoom calls. Whilst they are quite out there for business attire, only having to be presentable from the neck upwards lends itself to putting an extra sparkle in this area. Dalida earrings are extremely modern and fun, with very glamorous designs, making them a common conversation starter.

Chandelier Earrings

Dalida earrings are actually a subset of chandelier earrings, something that in en vogue this winter. They’re beginning to become lighter than ever, despite their length, making them easy to wear for a long night out. 80’s inspired fashion isn’t going anywhere anytime soon - particularly high-glam 80’s fashion! Whilst the past few years have been focused more on minimalism, it’s nice to see maximalist trends get the limelight again.

Hoops

Hoops are of course a classic staple, something that will never not be in trend. They’re most girls go-to earrings, be it a mini hoop or the space hopper size. However, this winter, the sculptured hoop earrings are particularly popular, as well as the sleek ultra-modern look (or combine the two for some modern art earrings). Silver modern hoops are particularly fashionable when dressing in a modern or formal outfit - and go for irregular and asymmetrical shapes if you want to show off their handmade design.

You can also add charms very easily to hoops, as they’re secured in and an understated hoop can make for a great foundation. You don’t need to buy hoop earrings that come with charms, but instead, make your own and combine them with other pieces of jewellery. Mini crystals, flowers, or naturalistic charms can be combined to make a different look each day depending on the outfit.

Wooden

Introducing wooden earrings to your appearance can create an earthy, natural tone. Wooden styled earrings come in many designs, from beads to rings. Isabel Marant and Jil Sander are two designers in particular that are going back to basics through wooden styles, and these should see you right through to spring too.

Medallion

Medallion earrings can be extremely classy or extremely experimental - it’s up to you. Gold plated medallion lariats are popular right now, which are simple but striking, along with Dolce & Gabbana’s drop medallions for some Sicilian elegance. You will always be on to a winner with Italian lifestyle earrings, particularly being mid-length.