Common Mistakes To Avoid When Getting A Natural Spray Tan

Getting a natural spray tan can be a great way to give yourself a sun-kissed glow without the risks of sun exposure.

9

When it comes to getting a natural spray tan, it can be easy to make mistakes that can lead to a less than perfect result. To ensure you get the most out of your natural spray tan, here are some common mistakes to avoid.

Mistakes to Avoid When Getting a Natural Spray Tan

Getting a natural spray tan can be a great way to give yourself a sun-kissed glow without the risks of sun exposure. However, there are a few common mistakes that people can make when getting a best spray for tanning. Avoiding these mistakes can help ensure a beautiful, even tan that lasts.

Not Exfoliating Before You Tan

Exfoliating is an essential step before getting a spray tan. It helps to remove any dead skin cells that could interfere with the tanning solution's ability to properly cling to the skin. Make sure to exfoliate gently with a loofah or scrub towel and to avoid using any harsh exfoliants. Additionally, make sure that you don’t apply any lotion or moisturizers after you exfoliate as this can create a barrier between the tanning solution and your skin.

Not Wearing the Right Clothes

The clothing you wear during your spray tan can make a big difference in the results. Avoid wearing anything that is too loose or too tight as either can cause the tanning solution to look uneven. Stick to lightweight, breathable fabrics and avoid wearing things like socks and shoes.

Also, you can wear loose fitting clothing to your spray tanning appointment. Tight clothing can rub off the tanning solution and result in an uneven tan. Additionally, be sure to wear dark colors as light colors can cause the tanning solution to rub off.

Not Letting the Tan Dry Completely

It is important to let your tan dry completely before getting dressed or doing anything that could cause it to rub off. Most spray tans take anywhere from 10-20 minutes to dry.

Putting any type of deodorant or perfume

Don’t put on any deodorant or perfume before getting your spray tan. These products can affect the absorption of the tanning solution and can lead to an uneven tan. Be sure to wait at least 20 minutes after the best natural spray tan is applied before putting on any deodorant or perfume.

Not Applying A Barrier Cream To Your Nails, Cuticles, And Feet

Be sure to apply a barrier cream to your nails, cuticles, and feet before getting your spray tan. This will help protect these areas from becoming too dark. Additionally, be sure to wear open-toed shoes in order to avoid getting any tanning solution on the soles of your feet.

Not Using the Right Solution

The type of solution you use can make a big difference in the end result. If you’re looking for a natural-looking tan, it’s best to opt for a solution with a lower concentration of DHA (dihydroxyacetone). This will give you a subtle, sun-kissed look that won’t look too orange or streaky.

Not Applying Evenly

If you’re doing a DIY spray tan, it’s important to apply the solution evenly. Start from the bottom and use slow, sweeping motions to ensure that the entire area is covered. Move the spray can in a circular motion to avoid streaks and blotchy patches.

Not Wearing a Mask

When getting a spray tan, it’s important to wear a mask or a protective covering over your nose and mouth. This will protect you from breathing in any of the spray tan solution, which can cause irritation and even nausea.

Not Waiting to Shower

It’s important to wait at least 8-12 hours after a spray tan session before showering. This will give the solution time to set and develop a natural-looking tan. If you shower too soon, you’ll end up washing off the tan before it has had a chance to fully develop.

By avoiding these common mistakes, you can ensure that you get the most out of your natural spray tan. Be sure to follow the advice above and you will be left with a beautiful, even tan that will last for weeks.