Coming Across One Tree Hill

Coming Across One Tree Hill

For all of those One Tree Hill lovers

13
Coming Across One Tree Hill

I can remember exactly how I came across One Tree Hill, my roommate had it on the one day and I was not really paying attention for the first few episodes but then somehow someway this amazing show caught my attention. I have heard about this show before and knew that it was a phenomenon and I see all of the OTH gifs on Twitter. I started watching it one day and binge watched it for less than a month, that is right, I finished all nine seasons in less than a month. These nine seasons and month was filled with happiness (like when Naley finally made things work), tears (when Nathan was kidnapped, Peyton collapsed, or pretty much anything else), and any other kind of emotion you could have. I personally got so attached to this show and now that I am done, I do not know how to feel or what to do. One Tree Hill is kind of a hard show to explain to people. It makes you want to sit them down in from of a TV and press play. One of my favorite things about OTH is the love this town has for each other despite any obstacle, plus I love the dialogue; I liked how each episode started and ending with a quote and you can find a quote from this show to fit any experience.

Here are 8 of my favorite quotes:

1. “Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is gonna come from, the next smile, the next wish come true. But if you believe that its right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you're wishing for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So, make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now, believe in it with all your heart.” –One Tree Hill

2. “Sometimes it seems like you’re the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling’s a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes-someone to help us hear the music in their world, to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you.” –Lucas Scott

3. “And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be or lose that person completely.” –Brooke Davis

4. “You know, it’s been said that we don’t recognize the significant moments of our lives when they’re happening. We grow complacent with ideas, or things, or people and we take them for granted and it’s usually not until that thing is taken away from you that you’ve realized how wrong you’ve been. That you’ve realized how much you need it, how much you love it.” –Nathan Scott

5. “It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you are 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today, and then someday is yesterday, and this is your life. –Nathan Scott

6. “Every once in a while, people step up. They rise above themselves. Sometimes they surprise you. And sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard. But if you look close enough, you find hope in the words of children, in the bars of a song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you are lucky, I mean if you are the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.” –Nathan Scott

7. “Life is too short—too short to live it as a bad person.” –Peyton Sawyer

8. “Happiness comes in many forms –in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone’s dreams come true, or in the promise of hope renewed. It’s okay to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might be…” –Lucas Scott

After these 8 quotes, if you have not already fallen in love with One Tree Hill I am sure you will. If you are going to start watching it (or watch it again just as I probably will) you will need to have some things handy. Make sure you have tissues, your notes open on your phone because you’ll probably like every other line of dialogue, and the remote so you can rewind it and watch some of the best moments again!