The Bachelor

Let's Stop Focusing On Colton Underwood's Virginity And Start Focusing On His Foundation

Colton owns and runs the Legacy Foundation for people with Cystic Fibrosis.

51
Colton Underwood

Colton Underwood has won the hearts of girls and women all around the country with his presence on "The Bachelor." Colton was a contestant on season 14th of "The Bachelorette," season 5 of "Bachelor in Paradise," and is now the bachelor on season 23 of "The Bachelor."

Everyone knows him as the virgin bachelor, but he is so much more than the one fact everyone associates him with.

Colton played college football at Illinois State and played a few years in the NFL. After the NFL, Colton went on to start a foundation for Cystic Fibrosis. When Colton's cousin, Harper, was born she was diagnosed with CF, and she is the inspiration for Colton's foundation. Through the many resources and connections Colton had, he started the Legacy Foundation to make a real difference to people with Cystic Fibrosis.

According to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis is "a progressive, genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe over time." Some interesting facts associated with Cystic Fibrosis is that more than 30,000 people are living with CF in the United States, 1,000 new cases of CF are diagnosed every year, and more than 75% of people with CF are diagnosed by age 2.

Since 2015, the Legacy Foundation has given nearly $100,000 in cash and equipment donations for CF patients, clinics, and research organizations that treat people with CF. They have also been able to provide 50 Afflo Vests to CF patients. An Afflo Vest is apart of Afflovest Mobile Airway Clearance Therapy that promotes airway clearance and lung secretion mobilization. The Legacy Foundation has also raised $10,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Clinic at Children's Hospital to purchase aerodynamic bikes and equipment for the CF patients.

With Colton being the star on one of the most popular TV shows, I imagine he will bring in many more donations and bring more awareness for Cystic Fibrosis patients. He recently just made a deal with Pura Vida bracelets where every pack of his bracelets is sold 45% of the profit goes towards the Legacy Foundation.

So, seriously, please stop focusing solely on his virginity.

I imagine he is getting tired of the questions and all the comments about it. Focus on all the good he has done. By starting this foundation it gives kids and adults with CF support and brings more awareness to CF.