Your Vote Matters!

Your Vote Matters!

The 2016 Presidential Election.

55
Your Vote Matters!
Huffingtonpost.com

IIsn't it great that we all have the right to vote in this country? Not everyone around the world is as privileged as those of us living in the United States. Since it is our constitutional right to vote, I believe that we should exercise it! I hear many people saying things like, "This doesn't effect me," or, " It doesn't matter who wins anyway," but I am here to tell you that this election will effect you and it does matter who wins. Here are some reasons why you should vote as a college student:

#1: College student votes can affect the election's outcome

College students are also known as millennial voters. There are 44 million millennial voters that are eligible to vote. With the votes of college students, it can make a huge difference in the election.

#2: People have fought and died for your right to vote

Those who came before us paid the ultimate price so we could be a democracy and have a say in what goes on in our government. It doesn't matter what race, age, or gender you are because somebody sacrificed their life so you could vote.

#3: You are considered an adult now

As college students, you now have to manage your own finances and make important decisions daily for yourself. You are now responsible for everything that you need to do. By voting, you are voicing your opinion on topics that affect you on a day to day basis. Your vote matters!

#4: It's not just the President on the ballot

You are also voting for other positions. The president can't do much in office if his party doesn't dominate the Senate or the House. You will be voting on all levels and all of which affects you in some shape or form.

#5: Voting is your voice!

By casting a vote you are publicly saying what you believe in! You have no right to sit around and complain about the government and not vote. It doesn't make sense to complain about something you could have fixed! Vote and vote wisely. Educate yourself on each candidate. Do not believe everything you hear! Do your own research. Make sure your vote reflects what you believe in, not what your friends believe. Also encourage your friends to cast their votes!