5 Gift Ideas for College Students
Student Perspective

5 Gifts You Need To Give All The College Students In Your Life

Gifts other than back packs and pencils that are a must for college students this Christmas

47

The Christmas season is just around the corner, which means we will soon be shopping to find the perfect gifts for family and friends. Granted, gift shopping for a friend or relative can be super difficult. While college students always value a good home cooked meal, good grades, and the relief of passing fall semester, here are 10 more gift ideas that are bound to leave a hard-working college student with a smile.

Headphones 

The amount of times I have reached into my backpack to grab my headphones, only to discover I had lost another pair is unfathomable. Investing in a pair of noise-canceling, quality headphones for a friend this Christmas is necessary. Whether they are used for leisure or playing a white noise in the library to avoid distraction, all college students appreciate a set of nice set of headphones. You can't go wrong with this gift.

Gift Cards 

While buying someone a gift card for Christmas may seem super bland and impersonal, college students much prefer this type of gift as opposed to an ugly sweater from grandma. Students are always searching around for money to buy textbooks, gas, a cute outfit for the weekend and even groceries. A Wawa, Giant, Amazon, or Urban Outfitters gift card this holiday season is just as appreciated!

A Copy of Mom's Favorite Recipe Book 

If you're a junior at a university and live in an apartment or house like me, you know how exciting it would be to receive a recipe book this Christmas. At the beginning of the semester, I told myself I would eat healthier and invest more time into cooking delicious and nutritious meals for lunch and dinner. Now nearing the end of the semester, I can confidently say my eating habits have remained unchanged from freshman year living in the dorms to now. Sure, I can go out and buy groceries for myself to make home-cooked meals, but the reality of a college student trying to scope out every aisle for random ingredients to make who knows what is comical. Give your sister, your son or your daughter a bit of a break for the spring semester and find a recipe book to give to them this Christmas.

Care Package

Just before the long Christmas break, every college student experiences the most stressful part of their semester. From receiving grades, to staying up until 2 a.m. every night up until finals, nothing makes the clock tick faster. Surprise a loved one this holiday with a well thought out care package. Some items can include that person's favorite candy, a framed photo, travel mugs, socks, underwear, etc. Although this gift sounds a bit ridiculous for a Christmas gift, college students are stripped of these essentials throughout the year.

A great read

For five months, college students are forced to read horribly long, boring textbooks in order to get that A in history. Surprise your friend or family this holiday and get them a book they will genuinely enjoy. After all, an entire month and a half of no school, no parties, and hardly any socialization calls for a good read under a blanket by the fire. We have to get through it somehow!