Sleeping In As A College Student

Sleeping In As A College Student

Tomorrow I get to sleep in. Yes, I said it- sleep in.

61
Sleeping In As A College Student
Kinga Cichewicz

I haven't been able to say this in a really, really long time. There is always something that gets in the way of Saturday's and Sunday's being the days I sleep in—as this has not happened in a really long time.

At the beginning of this week, I could see that my exhaustion was on full blast and knew I needed something to get me through another week of little sleep and a lot of homework. Due to this, on Monday I told myself that I would put all of my energy into accomplishing most of the things I needed to prior to Sunday. I knew that if I accomplished most of my important assignments like my fashion projects, I would feel good enough to sleep in on Sunday and spend the rest of the day doing the simpler assignments.

This was a brilliant plan (although, my exhausted self that had to over-compensate during the week in order to have one day to sleep in on the weekend wouldn't think so). I accomplished all of my fashion assignments that are due on Monday so all I have to work on tomorrow are a few brand posts and figuring out my outfits for New York Bridal Fashion Week which I'll be leaving for on Wednesday. Fabulous.

As a college student, I have grasped a much greater appreciation for days when I am able to actually sleep in. You can probably tell that these days do not occur very often, and I am very appreciative whenever I have them. In high school, I still valued them a lot, but I have found myself seeing less and less of them as the weeks go by in college. My schedule has somehow tripled, and my sleep schedule has done the opposite.

If you are a college student who is reading this, map out your week and try to allow yourself to sleep in on the weekend sometime. And if not on the weekend, try a day when you do not have a morning class (if you have a day without a morning class). Cheers to sleep!