Im Starting Classes This Semester That Actually Matter To My Degree And Couldn't Be Happier.
Religion

The great things you have planned for me keeps me going.

33
https://kaboompics.com/photo/7872/woman-looking-for-a-book-in-store

Coming to college I felt that my life was just beginning because it was a shift in my independency, but most of all a change in my education towards a career that I am so passionate about. Only to be disappointed that I had to take two steps backwards by taking required GEC classes which include the four core subjects that I have been learning in my twelve years of education! Why do universities make us take these, do the professors know how irritating it is to have our excitement crushed?

Freshman year I worked really hard in knocking out as many of the GEC classes as I could, and the feeling of finishing math, history and half of my science credits just in the first semester for the rest of my life was very rewarding. Then going into the second semester, I still had GEC classes but I knew that it would be my last semester with the majority of my classes being courses that I would never have to take again!

Starting my sophomore year I came up with the motivational saying for myself "sophomore year is going to be a blast" because I was going to be enrolled in some of my degree classes. I am a Speech Pathology major and taking my first class towards my degree was such a thrilling time. I have never felt so excited for school like I did by taking that class. The feeling of learning something new but also material that will matter in my life after school really shows that God has placed me in this field for a reason. When studying for the tests and even sitting in class was never a punishment or a chore because I was fascinated by the material and loved sharing the knowledge with my freinds in the library.

My field that I am going into is very competitive and also requires me to go into graduate school. I do get worried and put a lot of pressure on myself because I know that I have to excel in my classes, but I am surrounded by support and am reminded of how great and caring my Heavenly Father is to me. He will always be there for me and wants me to put my faith and trust in him constantly. He places people in our lives for a reason, and this semester I have been blessed with new friendships as well as old ones. I am so thankful for God giving us community to be able to share and grow in our relationship with the Lord because He has taught me a lot of things through them and I don't know if I would have made it through my classes without them.

In Ephesians 1:18 it states, "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people". My prayer is that throughout the rest of my college career and through the rest of yours is that being a good steward in our studies but also not making it an idol in our life because I know for me I can become so consumed with striving for perfection and I become blind to what should matter more in my life. I am excited to see where God takes me in this career path. If you are struggling to find yours do not worry and put your faith in the Lord because He will take care of you.