Coming Back Home From College, You'll Have Slow Days At Home
College

It's OK to just wallow in the laziness and give yourself a break physically, mentally, and emotionally.

626

The temperature is rising and the lazy summer days are starting to kick in. It has only been a week since my freshman year ended, but it feels like it has already been months. I feel like there's something I should be studying for or some homework assignment I should be handing in. But there is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing to do and nothing to stress about. It feels weird but it's a refreshing kind of weird. Breaking the schedule I had in school and making the sudden transition from constantly working or having something to do to just laying around in bed, with not a worry in the world.

My first year has come to an end and I miss it a lot. I've learned so much about myself and what I'm capable of. There were some downs but there were so many more ups that made up for it. There are so many new memories and friends I made at Rutgers and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Every day there was a new story to be told, new people to talk to, new things to try. There was always something new happening, never a lazy day.

College was in three words: insightful, overwhelming, and exciting. There was never a dull day.

Coming back home for the summer is a reminder that life will have its slow days sometimes. It's OK to just relax and not have plans every single day. It's OK to just wallow in the laziness and give yourself a break physically, mentally, and emotionally. Everything in college moved fast, fast, fast, which is completely different than how home is and it's not a bad thing. It's good to have slow days and it is one hundred percent normal. Enjoy being home because before you know it those fast college days will approach and you'll be wishing for those slow days back home again.