Beautiful Things Off The Beaten Path

Beautiful Things Off The Beaten Path

When we don't know what lies ahead, He goes before us. We can follow His steady footsteps hitting the ground with confidence in front of us.

68
gracejicha.com
Grace Jicha Photography

I'm a big fan of the outdoors. I love hiking and finding beauty off the beaten path. Because I often like to adventure off course, I'll only go hiking during the daytime. Why would I walk down such an uncertain path with no light or guidance at night?

In the most difficult seasons of life, we have a choice: attempt to walk alone down an unlit path with no one to guide us or to rely on God as our source of light.

One of the most difficult things I've learned in college is how to lean into the things I want to look away from. Instead of turning my back on my problems or pretending that my flaws aren't flaws, I should be pressing in. Instead of distracting my mind when my heart is hurting, I should lean into the One who promises peace.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" 2 Corinthians 12:9-11

It is in our moments of weakness, or hurt and of anxiety that Christ is glorified. It's in our moments of devastation that His strength is there to uphold us.

I love remembering that in the moments we stray from the path we were walking down and into the woods, God seeks us out. After being rejected, He still stands by us. His love is crazy, it doesn't always make sense to us because of how vast it is, but it is good.

Because to Him, we are the beauty off of the beaten path.

After we mess up He isn't waiting to punish us for our mistakes, He's just happy for us to be back walking beside Him.

So today I just want to encourage you wherever you are. If you're facing big problems, or maybe you've strayed from the path you know you're destined to be on, God is still there. He is still good, His purpose still stands for you.