How To Tell If You Suffer From 'College Crisis Disease'

This disease has not yet been verified by doctors.

41

After spending some time in college, you'll find yourself facing the same problems as your fellow classmates. From difficult courses to the struggles of off-campus living, college never fails to throw obstacles your way. If you have one or more of the symptoms listed below, you may suffer from the college crisis disease, or CCD, and should seek help immediately. Please keep in mind that this disease has not yet been confirmed by doctors as legitimate.

Fighting For Campus Parking

With thousands of students granted parking permits and a lack of parking spots to suffice every car, parking becomes a 'first come, first serve' struggle. You'll easily find yourself driving around in circles to find even the smallest parking spot or result to not-so-creepily stalking any student walking toward their car, asking to take their spot as they leave. The only thing worse than that is spending forever trying to find a parking spot, for someone who just entered the parking lot to snag an open spot before you.

Cops Shutting Down Parties

Most college parties are held on-campus or at college houses located off-campus, somewhere nearby. Attending a party with a fully-packed house and some underage drinkers are bound to result in the cops making an appearance. Sometimes the police will simply tell the homeowners to keep the noise to a minimum, as they leave and continue with their day. Other times, college parties lead to the police showing up, forcing the guests to leave, and ticketing the homeowners anywhere from $150 - $500, per tenant. Being at a college party means trying to enjoy what little time you have before the police shut it down entirely.

Not Being Allowed Into The Party

Similar to the struggle of cops shutting down parties, another common issue of parties is not even being allowed into it. If the homeowners are trying to keep the party under control to avoid an unbearable amount of guests or to avoid the police showing up, it's likely that you can be turned away from the door when trying to enter the party. When your friends are inside and you're just on the other side of the door, the amount of FOMO- fear of missing out, is insufferable.

Uber Rates Higher Than You Can Afford

Know Your Meme

For the timespan of sporting events or parties, there are ideal times to arrive and leave before the uber rates reach higher demand, thus forcing you to pay a higher price. If you have to take an uber during high peak times, it can reach excessive prices of about $100 when it would normally cost $20. When there are no cars available or you can't afford the heightened rate, sometimes you have to result to walking home.

Juul Pods Unavailable

With Juul pod purchases growing inaccessible, Juul users are struggling to drive out of their way to find pods. With pod flavors such as cucumber, mango, creme, and fruit no longer sold, it puts a burden on students relying on Juul pods to help reduce their stress. The personal value of pods is now higher than ever among Juul users, as the crisis suddenly brings Juul feens out from hiding.

Plan B Going Out Of Stock

With Halloween just around the corner, Halloweek, Halloweekend, or other Halloween-themed college celebrations are underway. As the spooky season celebrations begin, so does the increased need for Plan B. Getting Plan B from CVS or other chain pharmacies can wrack up to $50. Buying it from your college campus can range from $20-$30, helping out the broke college students. When the college pharmacy runs out of Plan B, it puts a damper on the Halloween festivities and puts increased anxiety on college females in search of the morning-after pill.

Surviving Without Sleep

Trying to get good grades, keep a social life, make time for family, keep a job, complete your homework, study for tests, do extracurricular activities, and make time for yourself all mean reducing your time spent sleeping. With multiple priorities, sleeping at least 8 hours per night is usually reconsidered as an essential or even viewed as a barrier to accomplishing all your tasks on time. When your college major is time-consuming and your life priorities are highly demanding, you somehow manage to survive without getting enough sleep each night, no matter how tired or groggy you become.

Hit-And-Run On Your Parked Car

Nearly every college student characterizes themself as the 'broke college student'. When another student accidentally hits your car in the parking lot and you or any nearby witnesses aren't around, they often contemplate driving off without saying anything or leaving a note. In this case, you return from class to find your bumper scratched or your car door dented in, knowing you certainly weren't the cause of it. This results in your choice of trying to find the culprit, which is usually impossible or paying for the damage yourself. While it's unfair and morally unjust for the individual to leave after ruining your car, it's unfortunately, just another struggle of college life.

If you or someone you know suffers from one or more of the symptoms of CCD, please take a day or two off to focus on some self-care. Handling these frustrating situations on a daily basis can easily wear you down and drain your energy. For more help with College Crisis Disease, find a positive method for reducing your everyday stress and frustration. If symptoms persist or worsen, contact a friend or family member for help.