College makes you a better version of yourself

College Is Turning Me Into Someone I'm Proud To Be

I can see how this can be the best time of my life.

34
https://pixabay.com/en/woman-profile-face-portrait-young-690118/

I remember being so afraid to talk to anyone in high school if I wasn't already familiar with them. I honestly had just as many introverted moments as I did extroverted moments. I didn't realize how far I was from my full potential, and though I'm not at my full potential, I know I'm on the right track.

College is always this world we envision full of frat parties and "the best time of your life." I can definitely say I have seen zero frat parties (on purpose) during my three years at school, but I can see how this can be the best time of my life. Some days I wish I could relive because they were just that good and others I'm so glad they're over. But, every day I've been a college student has taught me things about life, people and myself - no matter what the experience is.

I'm more curious about the world. I feel like the environment I have now compared to the ones we've had in high school has made it much easier for me to want to know new things or new people. I'm more independent, and although it was something I was frustrated with when I moved away from home, I know it's only setting me up for a better future. I remember a couple years ago crying because I was frustrated with bills and having to pay it all by myself. I've heard so many people appreciate the fact that I am able to pay for things by myself and it's made me realize that it isn't a bad thing. It's something I'm able to learn now and have the knowledge of for the rest of my life.

Going to college can literally transform you. To this day, I am still told that I could be done with school if I went through technical college, but because I wanted "the college experience," I am in school longer than I could be. There are so many could be's, but I know I couldn't be half the person I am now if I didn't go away for school.

It's crazy to think that my college journey is wrapping up soon and I'll have to move on from this new home I've made, but I know anywhere I go next I'll be as ready as I can be.