College Has Been The Best Years Of My Life Without Partying

College Has Been The Best Years Of My Life, But Not Because Of Partying

Most college students love college because it's wild. Not me.

141

College students have a reputation for being loud, rowdy party animals who will do anything to illegally obtain their booze for their weekend house parties. They're supposed to be irresponsible, go to Daytona Beach during spring break, and be able to look back at their years in college and think "Man, that was wild."

College is supposed to be the best time of your life because it's your last few years of being relatively free to misbehave before you become an adult with responsibilities.

That's just the rep we're stuck with. Everyone expects your college years to be crazy before you have to settle into a career. I'm sure many people who do college this way absolutely have great memories from all of the crazy nights that they remember fondly, and I'm sure it was the best time of their lives before they had to become an adult.

However, that's not me, and it never has been.

I'm not a drinker and I really have no interest in being one. I don't see anything wrong with it and I'm not against it. I don't care if people around me want to drink. I just have very little interest in doing so myself.

I've always had to work while I've been in college, and drinking just seems like it would make my life a lot harder between school and work. I'd simply rather spend my money and time elsewhere. Even though I turn 21 this year, I don't see myself becoming a huge drinker in the future. I also don't like people or parties, so there's that.

Despite being relatively tame for a college student, I would still say that college has been the best years of my life so far.

I haven't drunk a ton or gone to any wild parties, but I have learned a lot about myself and about life in general. I've learned that I prefer to be left alone rather than have a bunch of friends. I've learned that I'm passionate about animals and animal welfare. I've learned that I enjoy going to the gym and watching what I eat because I want to be healthy. I've learned that I enjoy makeup. I've learned so much about love and life from my boyfriend, who's been with me since the day I started college.

All of these little things I've learned have culminated into me being the best version of me I have been so far. I'm content with my life and where I'm going. I've learned a lot about myself, about love, and about life. I've met some great people and gone on some great adventures. I wouldn't trade a single day of my boring college career for a day of partying. Even if I don't remember my peaceful days spent alone in college like I would a crazy night out, I'm glad I did things this way.