Christmas Party Games And Activities For All Ages
Holidays

10 Christmas Party Games And Activities That Guests Of Any Age Will Love

Whether you're planning a party at school, your job, or simply at home with your friends, you're gonna need some things to do other than just stand around drinking eggnog, eating a bunch of the pigs in a blanket appetizer, and talking.

103
Glasses of wine and decorations

Christmas is just around the corner, and when Christmas is near, the parties come with it. Whether you're planning a party at school, your job, or simply at home with your friends, you're gonna need some things to do other than just stand around drinking eggnog, eating a bunch of the pigs in a blanket appetizer, and talking. Instead, spice it up by bringing out the cheer among your friends with some child-like activities!

Get your guests moving and enjoying themselves with these activities that are not only fun but will make you remember what Christmas fun was like for you as a kid.

1. Secret Santa

Unsplash

It's a classic. Get together and throw your gifts in for Secret Santa! Pick out the best gift for your person and get a mystery in return. It's a great time to sit around trying to figure out who your Secret Santa is, and until your turn, you'll keep on guessing. If Secret Santa isn't your favorite thing to do, mix it up and try White Elephant instead.

2. Fake snow ball fight

Whether you're not the hugest fan of snow or it's simply not cold enough where you live, create one exciting snowball event anyway. With these plush snowballs, you can rush around outside in a dodgeball-like game to really get everyone active and involved.

3. Ginger bread house competition 

Dana Sheehan

Shake up the party with a little competition. There are plenty of ways to go about this too: See who decorates their house the best, or you can team up to see who can do the best in the least amount of time, or if you're in for a challenge, try creating the best house in two minutes. You'll see who can handle their time and create a masterpiece, and who's can really crumble in the dust.

4. Movie night

You can't go wrong with making some popcorn and putting on a favorite holiday movie. There are way too many movies to choose from, so have fun just choosing one. Gather all the snacks, candy, and drinks you need for a holiday movie night with your best friends.

5. Board or card games

Unsplash

Any game you can sit around and have a great time with is perfect for your party! It may be best to avoid Monopoly and Uno though. Stick to the fun games that everyone can enjoy, like Scatagories or Heads up, and waste some time while enjoying snacks and eggnog.

6. Ugly sweater competition 

One holiday tradition is the abundance of ugly sweaters that people actually wear. No matter the history of said sweater, it's gonna be ugly, but someone else will have an uglier one! Hold a small competition for whoever has the ugliest sweater, tell some stories about how you got this sweater, and maybe even have a prize to show that "Hey, ugly matters."

7. Gingerbread man making

Dana Sheehan

Gingerbread men are both creative and delicious. Everyone can create their own with plenty of options that you provide (so choose wisely) and eat the tasty creations.

8. Video game competition 

Although there are more traditional things to do at Christmas parties, try something a little more 2018. Video game competitions are competitive and super fun. Pin your friends against each other in some racing or fighting games to waste some time and energy. It's a great time for players and those watching and cheering for the winners.

9. Make s'mores and cookies

Unsplash

One of the best things about the holidays is all the treats you get to enjoy. Bring out that joy by making s'mores baking cookies together with cookie cutters and candy decorations. Create your favorite desserts and eat up, maybe as a snack for movie night.

10. Dinner party 

And lastly, since this list is to only bring out the inner child, chances are you're probably "adult enough" to cook something for a dinner party. Gather your close friends for a dinner with everyone bringing their favorite holiday dish. It's a great way to share dinner together while tasting what your friends have grown up during the holidays.