Christmas In London: A Christmas Wedding Part 3

Will a huge snow storm cause a wedding mishap?

50

It was less than a week until Greyson and Kennedy were set to get married. Over the weekend a huge snow storm had blown across the U.K. and most of Europe. Kennedy had been waking up to piles and piles of snow outside, London had practically shut down because the snow was so bad. She was starting to get worried if the snow kept up like this, what would that mean for their wedding...

On this particular morning though, Kennedy woke to her phone buzzing wildly on her bedside table. "Hello?" she said as she answered the phone in a groggy, half asleep voice. "K MY FLIGHT HAS BEEN DELAYED AGAIN! Now they're saying I won't be able to get there for another two days. I've already spent most of the day in New York, I just want to get there so I can help you," Kennedy groaned as she acknowledged her best friends screams through the phone, "OH MY GOSH! I didn't think about the time difference. Did I wake you up? Oh, I woke you up, I'm sorry girl." Jess said as she finally breathed. Kennedy never understood how her best friend could talk that fast and not pass out. Kennedy stretched, rubbed her eyes and sat up in bed as she woke herself up enough to continue the conversation.

"Jess it's okay, the storm has messed up stuff, but you still have time. Even if you get in two days from now, it will all work out. All that matters is you're here when the actual wedding happens." Kennedy said hoping her best friend would listen to her and not freak out as much.

"I know, but you asked me to be your maid of honor and I haven't been there to help you plan as much as I wanted to be. So this was my way of being able to make up for it. I know this has been a lot of stress on you since you've had to do a lot on your own.' Jess said and Kennedy could hear the sadness in her voice.

"Jess, you are my best friend and I appreciate that. All I care about is being able to have you at my wedding. Even if you missed that, the fact that you are coming all the way from Arizona to London just for me. That's all I could ever ask for. You're my best friend and I will love you no matter what. Plus the snow is not your fault so don't even sweat it." Kennedy said as she heard Jess let out a small chuckle over the phone.

They finished talking and Kennedy got ready for her day. She had a few publishing meetings to go to and had to fight her way through the snow to get there, but she made it in one piece. Once she was done with her meetings the rest of the day was spent frantically running around and dealing with phone calls. Due to the storm, a lot of the deliverers for the wedding weren't going to be able to make it if the snow didn't clear up. By the end of the day, Kennedy barely had any energy left, but she had managed to salvage and save most of her wedding.

***

Greyson had gotten off of work and made his way to Kennedy's flat. He hoped that she had had an okay day. This storm was throwing a wrench in their wedding plans and he didn't want her to have to deal with everything by herself if issues were occurring. When he reached her flat, the lights were off and her door was locked.

He knew immediately that wedding plans had consumed her day and the last thing she wanted to do was be home right now. There were a handful of places that she could have been at, but Greyson chose to try the one place outdoors that she loved the most when she just wanted to escape and not think.

After fighting his way through the snow, Greyson ended up at the small ice rink that they had come across when they had first started dating. It was only open at Christmas time, but if Kennedy needed to get lost in an empty mind she came here. He didn't quite understand it, but something about skating in circles in the fresh air calmed her. It was one of the things he loved about her most. Even the simplest thing, she could take it and make it something so powerful. She was so special that way.

Kennedy was the only one on the ice and they had become friends with the owner, so even after it was closed, he would still let her skate.

"Kennedy. Come here." Greyson said with outstretched arms as he stepped onto the ice. Kennedy turned and skated straight into his arms as tears streamed down her face. He comforted her, as tears streamed down her face, and she told him all of the wedding issues that had arisen that day. "It will all be okay. The only important thing is that on Christmas Eve I get to marry you," he said as he pulled her in for a kiss. It was getting late and so they grabbed their stuff and headed home with Greyson's arm around Kennedy. Kennedy knew he was right and at the end that was really all that matter, but she still wanted to have her dream wedding. She knew that no matter what challenges she faced, as long as she had Greyson, she could conquer anything.

Stay tuned next week to see how Greyson and Kennedy's wedding will turn out!