Christmas and Time
Life Stages

Christmas Has A Special Meaning And I Can't Believe It's Over

It's hard being a college student and loving Christmas at the same time.

32
https://www.pexels.com/photo/gift-present-macro-bokeh-76931/

Why do I love Christmas?

Christmas has always had a special meaning to me. Growing up, I was always sensitive, getting upset over small issues and always misbehaving at school. That made my childhood very difficult. But when it was December, I was always so happy to celebrate the holidays. Everyone in my family was in a good mood. Family friends would visit and the idea of togetherness and happiness would bring everyone joy, especially me. I love Christmas because it makes me want to be a better person not only for myself, but for the people in my life that have always supported me and showed nothing but love to me. Christmas means everything to me, well, it still does, but not as much as it used to. Unfortunately, as you get older things change.

Why are things different?

After going to college and maturing through the years, time started to move faster for me. When in college, you spend so much time focusing on stuff like grades and finding internships that you almost lose sight of your social life and personal joys. During most of my college life, I've been working on bettering myself for my own well being. Unfortunately, it also took up a lot of my time. I felt like I was back in my introvert phase because I didn't feel like going out or talking to anyone because I was so worn out and tired. As for Christmas, I wasn't as excited for it as I used to be. I used to love Christmas a lot. Now, it's more like, "I have nothing against Christmas", which saddens me because I miss the feeling of Christmas joy and the hype. I guess as time flew by, Christmas felt like it came quicker than expected and I didn't have the energy or time to do any festivities. Overall, I will always love Christmas. I just don't know if it will ever be the same for me.