Why Is Chocolate So Good
Food Drink

Dear Chocolate...

Thanks for always being there.

512
Chocolate Cake
Pexels.comChocolate Cake

First off, I could talk about how amazing you taste, but that honestly goes without saying. It doesn't matter what kind you are - dark, milk, white, Belgium - you're seriously delicious. Whether you're sweet or even bitter, you could make anybody happy. You come in so many different shapes and sizes, but honestly, it doesn't matter because you melt in my mouth.

You have the slightest bit of caffeine which doesn't always make for the best decision late at night, but I appreciate it so much during the boring afternoon hours. You're the perfect choice when it's 3 PM and I'm just a little bit tired. I like to call you the perfect pick-me-up because not only do you taste great but you do just that - wake me up!

You pair with almost anything, which I genuinely appreciate. I can melt you and dip fruit in you and it's the best way to end the evening. You can be drizzled over any type of ice cream and you make it even better. You can even be paired with so many breakfasts foods that it is quite amazing. Put you in pancakes or waffles, baked into a croissant or crepes and you make any breakfast dish basically a dessert. What a way to start a day. You even pair with my most favorite thing of all: coffee. Hello?! Mocha drinks are so delicious! You only enhance my morning caffeine kick when I'm looking for something a little bit sweet.

You taste good in every single country. Some countries are known for making you, others just carry you in stores so everyone can enjoy you. It doesn't matter. I've traveled to Germany, France, Italy, multiple Caribbean countries and many places all over the United States and you're always so good. There's never been a place I've had a piece that I haven't liked.

You can be baked into cookies and muffins and any type of baked good and you're quite wonderful. You can be put into icing and top the best cupcakes or cakes. You can be in powder form and flavor almost anything - ice cream, cake, cupcakes - and they all taste amazing. And the best one yet: when you pair with peanut butter! There's no better match in dessert, treat, candy, or baked good.

Chocolate, you are just so darn delicious. It doesn't matter what form you come in, what time of day you come into my life, what you're paired with or cooked in to - I don't know anyone who doesn't like you. You're the perfect treat for anyone who needs a pick me up and you're the best night time snack.

Keep doing you, chocolate, you're killing it.